Manufacturing Application Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This is a unique opportunity to join a global leader in machine tool grinding technology. Actively growing a new division, we are seeking a highly skilled and engaging Engineer who will provide comprehensive support to sales and field service personnel by demonstrating the latest in machine capabilities and be an ongoing resource for customer solutions.
Competitive salary and full benefits included for a high performing individual in this critical role.
- Create grinding processes and customer product specific CNC programs
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to provide turnkey solutions for customer products.
- Assist with designing application specific clamping devices and fixturing, as well as Software functions and Software update.
- Performing final calibration and functional check of the machine, associated equipment, automation (loading systems) and Software to ensure that the Machine is functional and complies with customer specification and expectation.
- Create operator work instructions to communicate process knowledge
- Performs customer training for machine function and operation, programming and grinding technology
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Requires ability to travel domestically and internationally 60% - 70%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or Technology degree with equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and skill in grinding technology and CNC programming of 5-Axis Grinding Machines preferred
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in CNC programming machining utilizing CAD/CAM Software: medical, aerospace, automotive and Energy industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of cutting stainless steel, Tool Steel, or cobalt chrome required.
- Experience with Siemens controls and step 7 a plus
- Must be able to read both blue prints and have knowledge of GD&T
- CAD/CAM and 3D Modeling training and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and ability to utilize continuous improvement skills
- Interpersonal communication and team work skills required.
- Should have excellent verbal communication skills and training skill
- Demonstrating project management abilities