Director, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
About the Opportunity
This position reports to the CFO and directs the Financial Reporting team of the organization to analyze, implement, and ensure adherence to Technical Accounting matters and support the requirements of the SEC and internal and external stakeholders. The position will hold a leadership role within the organization and will be crucial to establishing, maintaining, and progressing best-in-class financial information and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Technical Accounting expertise to the Financial Reporting and Accounting teams to ensure that financial information, statements, and reports are in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversees the adoption of new accounting principles and is able to explain the impact to executive management and the Audit Committee.
- Manage and directly contribute to the preparation of SEC Filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, press releases and other requirements.
- Perform oversight of the preparation and review of quarterly financial statements, ensuring that reported amounts appropriately reflect accurate company financial information.
- Prepare quarterly communication to the Audit Committee and other key business decision makers to keep them apprised of the Company's financial health.
- Act as an adviser to executive management and the operating divisions to help decide the financial consequences of different courses of business action.
- Provide expertise in modeling financial and business analyses of detailed and strategic data to support projections, financial goals, and management decisions.
- Oversees the design and execution of effective and efficient processes taking advantage of technology and automation to drive efficiencies in both the financial reporting and accounting areas to ensure timely reporting to external and internal stakeholders.
- Directly manage interactions and builds relationships with the external auditor to ensure completion of quarterly reviews, annual financial audits, related tax filings, and other projects as required by the SEC.Interacts with functional leaders across the organization and multiple business units, including IT, legal and operations functions to ensure accurate, timely financial reporting and compliance with SOX control reporting requirements.
- Continued leadership and development of the reporting team and support of the entire finance and accounting team aligned with the Company’s culture and expected growth.
- Possesses knowledge of tax related financial accounting requirements to ensure the adequacy of quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Other job-related tasks as requested.
- 10 + years total experience in Accounting/ Finance at a Big 4 accounting firm (CPA required) and both public/ private company leadership roles
- Direct experience in financial statement preparation and SEC Reporting for a publicly held company
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Experience building information and presentations for Board, Audit Committees, internal reporting, and Investors
- Project management skills
- Proven track record of balancing internal control requirements with bureaucracy-free processes
- Experience with building a team and mentoring individuals to develop their skills and grow professionally
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Lead and motivate teams internally and across departments
- Workiva/Wdesk experience is preferred
- BS/BA/MBA in Business Administration, BS/BA in Accounting and/or Masters in Accounting
- CPA Required
Cornerstone Service Center
1675 E. Riverside Drive, #200
Eagle, ID 83616
Directly reports to: CFO
About The Ensign Group
We are proud to be affiliated with The Ensign Group, Inc., an organization formed in 1999 with the goal of establishing a new level of quality care within the health care industry. The name “Ensign” is synonymous with a “flag” or a “standard,” and refers to a goal of setting the standard by which all others are measured. We share this vision and our core values with other health care providers affiliated with The Ensign Group, such as skilled nursing, assisted living, urgent care and mobile diagnostics. We all believe that through our efforts, we can achieve a new level of client care and professional competence and set a new industry standard for quality home health and hospice services. You can learn more about The Ensign Group at www.ensigngroup.net.
Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.