- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking Engineer with 5+ years of development experience to contribute to and lead applied R&D and product development programs.
Cornerstone Research Group, Inc. (CRG), near Dayton, Ohio, is an Aerospace and Defense company that develops and delivers innovative, customer-focused technology solutions.
When you join our dynamic, growing organization, you will collaborate closely within our multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to rapidly develop and demonstrate innovation across a broad range of technology areas, including our core business areas:
quiet electric propulsion; electric aircraft systems; design-build-fly prototypes
Power and Energy
portable power systems; power management; battery technology
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
composite design and fabrication; high temperature material and process development
Medical & Sensor Technology
health & wellness products; patient care; wearables; environmental monitoring and protection
The environment is dynamic highly flexible with many exciting problem-solving opportunities and room to define future areas of technical growth for the organization.
CRGs multidisciplinary team has successfully tackled our customers most challenging problems with discipline, creativity and flexibility. This has resulted in CRG being recognized as a leader in innovation, in technology commercialization, and in providing a work environment that is deeply rewarding. Because of the nature of our work, exclusive U.S. citizenship is required for employment, and employees may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. To learn more about us, please visit: www.crgrp.com
Our employees are our most important assets. Our team mentality is key to our success. We value:
-Honesty and Integrity
-Respect and Dedication
-Innovation and CollaborationWe run fast but value work-life balance and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial / intrapreneurial mindset fosters our growth.
- Exclusive US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance required
- BS or MS in engineering from an accredited university required
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in product development, R&D, design preferred
CRG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates will be able to:
- Collaborate with R&D team to formulate conceptual design of products or systems to meet customer requirements
- Lead and contribute to product development teams to enhance product design for optimal performance, manufacturability/assembly, and cost of goods, as well as implement customer key characteristics and delivery requirements
- Develop and execute technical tasks and objectives to meet customers schedules and budgets
- Perform hands-on laboratory activities, such as prototyping, testing, and data acquisition
- Identify, qualify, and coordinate with external vendors/suppliers from prototype development through low-rate initial production
- Manage product configuration information including design history files, bill of materials, quality documents, and required manufacturing operations
- Support business growth through active participation in bids and proposals
- Mentor and set priorities for junior engineers to facilitate growth of product/process development (PPD) skills
- Perform CAD design using SolidWorks, CATIA, or other
- Interface with electrical engineers to ensure effective design and integration of board, sensors, packaging, etc.
- Leverage human factors principles into product design and use
- Use software tools such as Python, MATLAB, or equivalent programs is a plus
To be successful in CRGs corporate culture, Qualified Candidates must also be able:
- Perform in the dynamic environment of a growing small business
- Work in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment
- Participate in multiple technical programs at once (typically 3 or 4 programs simultaneously)
- Apply a get-it-done, and get-it-done-right mindset coupled with attention to detail
- Apply proactive and reactive problem-solving skills
- Communicate technical results, plans and issues with internal and external customers, including presenting and writing reports and proposals
- Quickly understand new technology areas and manage and adapt to rapidly changing customer needs
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- 5 Weeks Annual Paid Time Off
- Annual Company Holidays follow Federal Holiday Schedule
- Casual, Flexible and Hybrid work environment (based on position responsibilities)
- Fun company events
Cornerstone Research Group, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cornerstone Research Group, Inc.