Phlebotomist- Clinical Lab Assistant
Fort Worth TX
$17.00- $18.00 hr
- Monday-Friday 8a-5p or 9a-6p and Saturday 4 hours, rotating schedule
- This is a COVID research testing assignment
- This assignment will float to the research sites as needed.
- Responsible for accurately obtaining blood samples via venipuncture and capillary collection procedures with minimum customer discomfort.
- Provides care to patients whose ages range from infant to geriatric.
- Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’ s procedures for specimen collection, handling, and processing.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Correctly identifies patient and properly labels specimens. Correctly identifies and utilizes proper tubes, containers, transport media, and storage temperature for each test type.
- Correctly identifies proper priority for collection process.
- Follows appropriate guidelines as established by the laboratory for missed draws, recollects, or difficult sticks. Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality.
- Utilizes resources for proper collection and processing of requested tests. Utilizes resources to answer inquiries for test information and basic customer related issues.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen guidelines.
- Understands and follows all CPL Compliance policies.
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines. P
- Functions as a liaison between the laboratory and the laboratory customers.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Certification: Preferred – Certified by the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
- 2 years experience
- Current Resume
- Current BLS and/or ACLS and/or Specialty Certifications
- 2 current clinical references (1 must be current supervisor)
- TB test (within 12 months)
- Titers - MMR/Hep B/Varicella
- Current Tdap/Flu vaccinations
- Must be able to pass competency tests, background check, colorblindness and drug screening
Compensation and Benefits
At CornerStone Medical, our mission is to improve the lives of our Nurses and Allied Healthcare professionals.
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
- Personal recruiter/account manager