Mental Health Counselor
Cornerstone Hospice Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Cornerstone Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Mental Health Counselor to Provide outpatient comprehensive mental health counseling services to clients with various biopsychosocial, financial, and emotional concerns.
- Provides Cognitive and/or Behavioral Therapy in accordance with the clients plan of care.
- Completes the intake process by interviewing clients to obtain psychosocial information to develop treatment plans with the clients.
- Attends and participates in any interdisciplinary team meetings.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, review client cases, treatment approaches, clinical issues, and client progress.
- Assists the interdisciplinary team in understanding the significance of social and emotional factors related to the client’s needs.
- Maintains individualized treatment plans and documents with accuracy, timeliness, and according to policies.
- Assesses and reassesses social, emotional, and financial factors to minimize problems related to the client’s well-being.
- Identifies and utilizes community resources to assist the client.
- Examines issues with the client that could include but not limited to : Substance Abuse, Aging, Anger Management, Careers, Depression, Relationships, LGBTQ, Self-Image, Stress, and Suicide.
- Keeps abreast of current Mental and Behavioral Health trends and knowledge.
- When requested, provides education and training for Cornerstone Health Services staff or the community in general.
- Other Job Duties as Assigned
1. Masters’ degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) or Masters’ degree in counseling, psychology or related field required.
2. Must possess a Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) credential in good standing or similar credential (for example: LMHC, LMFT) and have a minimum of 5years experience providing mental health/behavioral health counseling required.
3. Able to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and commitment to the mental health philosophy.
4. Able to assess data reflecting the client’s status and circumstances, and to plan interventions accordingly.
5. Applicable driver license and required auto liability insurance.
Cornerstone HospiceWhy Work Here?
Cornerstone Hospice - The exceptional caring hospice!
Cornerstone Hospice, a division of Cornerstone Health Services, Inc., of Florida is a independent, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to compassionate care for its patients throughout seven counties in Central Florida. Founded in 1984, it's our mission to make quality Hospice care available to all persons, their families, and those affected by serious illness, death and dying in our community; to advocate effectively for patients comfort, dignity and choice; and to be recognized as the leading resource in clinical, ethical, and spiritual issues of dying and grief. If you have the hospice heart, we welcome you to visit our careers page for current opportunities: https://cshospice.org/careers/
5655 S. Orange Ave.Orlando, FL