The Supportive Care Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works as part of the Interdisciplinary team and performs selected nursing care in accordance with plan of care, under the direction of the registered nurse and nursing pool manager. This position services our patients and families in the Lake and Sumter County areas.
SCHEDULE: 12 hour shifts; 8:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. (every other weekend).
- Provides skilled palliative nursing care to patients as directed by the registered nurse and IDT plan of care, in accordance with agency policies.
- Promotes and maintains patient quality of life under the guidance of the registered nurse who is assigned to the same case.
- Assists patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health professionals.
- Prepares clinical visit notes and follows client care plans as developed by the registered nurse and according to agency policy.
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures for which competency has been established.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique as required.
- Keeps abreast of changes/trends affecting nursing care and licensed nurse functions.
- Provides coverage as needed in areas requesting assistance, including team visits, Crisis Care and the Hospice House, to meet the needs of Hospice families.
- Communicates current health status and needs of clients to appropriate health professionals.
- Successful completion of a certified licensed practical nursing program.
- Licensed to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in the state.
- 30 HR IV Certification
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience.
- Valid Florida drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- a) Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree, to the pediatric and adult populations.
- b) Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.)
- Able to assess data reflecting the clients status and interpret the appropriate information needed identify each clients requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Competitive Compensation,
- Full benefits package,
- 403 (b) plan match,
- Generous PTO,
- Tuition Reimbursement program, and
- Learning resources to be successful in your career, plus more!
Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived, race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative CareCornerstone Hospice, a division of Cornerstone Health Services, Inc., of Florida is a independent, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to compassionate care for its patients throughout seven counties in Central Florida. Founded in 1984, it's our mission to make quality Hospice care available to all persons, their families, and those affected by serious illness, death and dying in our community; to advocate effectively for patients comfort, dignity and choice; and to be recognized as the leading resource in clinical, ethical, and spiritual issues of dying and grief. If you have the hospice heart, we welcome you to visit our careers page for current opportunities: https://cshospice.org/careers/