- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are looking for…
We are seeking an experienced Senior Account to our growing team here at Cornerstone Home lending! Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization, and positive attitude. In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Assist with recording daily, weekly and monthly journal entries for several joint ventures including end of month journal entries. Such entries include payroll, depreciation, prepaid expenses, Accounts Payable accruals, etc.
- Reconcile inter-company balances between Joint Ventures and Parent Companies
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and research outstanding items to clear
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for each Joint Venture assigned
- Works with Manager in preparing schedules for external auditors, Tax CPAs and industry regulators as necessary
- Complete special projects as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Three to five years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred with at least 2 years of public accounting experience
- Exposure to residential mortgage origination business is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus
- Must be a demonstrated strong performer
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Who we are…
Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender with a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, employee retention and happiness. Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference to the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,800 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions. Our brand is known for on-time closings - a key core conviction of Cornerstone. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 96 … 6 points higher than all competitors. Additionally, Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the 9th consecutive year. March 1, 2022 marked the beginning of Cornerstone’s 34th year in the residential lending business, so we have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
We are a great company with great people and we are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our Customers and Loan Officers can rely on them ensure an accurate and timely closing process.
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible.
Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and a performance-based bonus.
What we offer:
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible. Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and potentially a performance-based bonus.
What to do next:
If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place for you (and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to match), we invite you to become a member of our winning team! And remember, once you are a part of our Cornerstone family, we'll continue to invest in you as an asset in our company. As many of our team members can tell you, there is something special about working at Cornerstone. It really feels like home.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cornerstone Home Lending
1177 W. Loop SHouston, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cornerstone Home Lending
Get fresh Locum CPA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.