***No agencies or third parties please***
Who we are…
Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender with a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, employee retention and happiness. Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference to the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,800 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions. Our brand is known for on-time closings - a key core conviction of Cornerstone. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 96 … 6 points higher than all competitors. Additionally, Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for 9 consecutive year. March 1, 2020 marked the beginning of Cornerstone’s 32nd year in the residential lending business, so we have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
We are a great company with great people, and we are looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our Customers and Loan Officers can rely on them to ensure an accurate and quality product.
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible!
What you'll need to be successful…
Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization, and positive attitude. In addition, this professional will be responsible for:
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with investor.
- Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an investment quality loan product and creditworthiness of the borrowers and acceptability of the collateral.
- Identifies potential quality loans to be held in portfolio if secondary market guidelines cannot be met.
- Verifies the accuracy of all calculations.
- Recommends the loan disposition, for loan amounts in excess of authority limitations, to Manager.
- Maintains a working knowledge of secondary market underwriting guidelines, private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development of underwriting standards.
- Assists mortgage production team in qualifying loans.
- Aids processors, giving general guideline interpretations and answering questions on specific loan files.
- Responds to post closing review and quality control audits in a timely fashion.
- This is not intended be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
- Multi-tasking, high volume, available to be flexible and work weekends as needed
- 3-5 years mortgage underwriting experience required.
- DE or SAR preferable, but not required
- Excellent documentation, organization and analytical skills, required.
- Excellent oral communication skills, required.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; analytical skills
- Ability to handle frequent changes
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- Confidentiality required in handling of security
- Credit decisions on conforming loan documents
What to do next:
If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place for you (and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to match), we invite you to become a member of our winning team! And remember, once you're a part of our Cornerstone family, we'll continue to invest in you as a valuable asset in our company. As many of our team members can tell you, there's something special about working at Cornerstone. It really feels like home.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.