Who we are…:
Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender with a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, employee retention and happiness. Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference to the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,800 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions. Our brand is known for on-time closings - a key core conviction of Cornerstone. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 96 … 6 points higher than all competitors. Additionally, Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the 9th consecutive year. March 1, 2019 marked the beginning of Cornerstone’s 31st year in the residential lending business, so we have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
We are a great company with great people, and we are looking for a Mortgage Underwriter/Non QM Jumbo, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our Customers and Loan Officers can rely on them ensure an accurate and timely closing process.
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible.
Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and a performance-based bonus.
Who we are looking for…:
We are seeking a Mortgage Underwriter Jumbo/Non-Agency to support our offices.
Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization, and positive attitude. In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Due Diligence Underwriting
- Ability to analyze the underwriting of Jumbo and Non-Agency mortgage loans in a timely manner for completeness and compliance guidelines and approved Seller variances.
- Use of manual underwriting requires strong attention to detail.
- Manage loan conditions from credit, property, and compliance reviews with Sellers and external 3rd party service due diligence providers.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for underwriting waivers and eligibility exceptions.
- Clearly communicate, in written and verbal form, compensating factors to justify exceptions.
- Maintain strong knowledge of mortgage compliance rules agency underwriting guidelines and industry standards for appraisal requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in evaluating current loan review processes and provide feedback and recommendations to increase efficiency and risk management capabilities.
- Consistently review third party services (valuation, fraud, compliance) to provide valuable input for loan decisions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 10+ years of mortgage industry experience
- 5+ years of jumbo and Non-Agency underwriting with complex income analysis required
- Construction background is a plus
- Expert underwriting knowledge and extensive experience with loan origination documentation
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems.
- Proficiency with automated underwriting engines, electronic document management and other systems
- High attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy and professionalism