Who we are: They say you should never mix family and finance, but that's where we disagree. Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender, and we also work hard at creating a close-knit work-family. When you join our team, you're one of us. We put a lot of focus on cultivating a healthy and happy corporate culture -- a family you'll want to be a part of for many years to come.
What we're doing right: We have a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, and team member retention and happiness.
We're true to our word. Our brand is known for on-time closings -- a key core conviction of Cornerstone.
We're all about our customers. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 95, six points higher than all competitors!
We're all about our work-family. Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the seventh consecutive year.
We have plenty of experience and credibility. March 1, 2019, marks Cornerstone’s 32nd year in the residential lending business. We have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
What we believe in: Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference in the lives of our team members, customers, shareholders, and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,700 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions.
Who we are looking for…
In this exciting and dynamic role, we are looking for an experienced Loan Officer Assistant - Transaction Coordinator who can drive amazing and deep relationships with our Loan Originators and Customers. This professional will partner with our team to assist our Originators and Customers through the loan process.
What you'll need to be successful…
Success in this job relies on your mortgage knowledge, customer service, time management skills, organization, and positive attitude. In addition, this professional will be responsible for:
- Warm welcome to Realtors and Clients
- You will need to monitor and manage workflow to ensure timely closings
- Maintain product knowledge and stay up-to-date on changes to market conditions
- Market, service, and promote the Company’s loan products
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to mortgage lending.
- Communicating with borrowers, processors, operations staff, title companies, Realtors, etc., in an effort to expedite the mortgage process.
- Requesting and following up on required documentation from our clients.
- Disclosing and submitting loans to Operations Department – lots of attention to detail.
- Performing basic income calculations.
- Providing extraordinary customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Meeting goals set by team lead in regard to time frames - we always close our clients on time.
- Working within a database
- Social media marketing
- Working with marketing/advertising and maintaining social media (responding to comments, posting and maintaining all social media pages)
- Normal office duties – cleaning, stocking, ordering, etc.
- Plan and set up lunch-ins, meetings, etc.
- Active NMLS # preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and customer service a must
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Strong computer and technology-related skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must be solid with income calculations
- Must be extremely organized
- DU is a plus
- Computer savvy and strong ability to pick up quickly on new systems
- Possess strong knowledge of MS Office
- Strong mortgage knowledgeability - 1003 knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to follow up with multiple prospects daily
- Able to work independently and proactively, prioritizing workload and handle multiple tasks throughout the day while keeping your cool
- Salesforce experience and knowledge on working within a database a plus
What to do next: If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place for you (and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to match), we invite you to become a member of our winning team! And remember, once you're a part of our Cornerstone family, we'll continue to invest in you as a valuable asset in our company. As many of our team members can tell you, there's something special about working at Cornerstone. It really feels like home.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No agencies or third parties please.