Who we are: They say you should never mix family and finance, but that's where we disagree. Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender, and we also work hard at creating a close-knit work-family. When you join our team, you're one of us. We put a lot of focus on cultivating a healthy and happy corporate culture -- a family you'll want to be a part of for many years to come.
What we're doing right: We have a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, teammate retention, and happiness.
- We're true to our word. Our brand is known for on-time closings -- a key core conviction of Cornerstone.
- We're all about our customers. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 95, six points higher than all competitors!
- We're all about our work-family. Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the eighth consecutive year.
- We have plenty of experience and credibility. March 1, 2020, will be Cornerstone’s 33rd year in the residential lending business. We have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
What we believe in: Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference in the lives of our team members, customers, shareholders, and the people who provide services to us. Our team consists of more than 1,700 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions.
Where you come in: We're a great company with great people, and we're looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Processor, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our customers and Loan Officers can rely on them to ensure an accurate and timely closing process.
What we offer: Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible. Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and a performance-based bonus.
How to become part of our family: Are you ready to do something that matters? You might make the perfect addition to our growing work-family. Here at Cornerstone, we're making a difference one day at a time, by serving the community through our fair and accessible lending.
Description of Job: The Financial Analyst serves as the subject matter expert for performing data analysis required to support the goals and objectives of the organization. This role is critical to understanding the needs of the business, identifying gaps in processes, and recommending improvements to aide in company growth. The ideal candidate must have experience working with large sets of data, have the ability the read and understand data, can identify opportunities for improvement, and make recommendations based on the data.
- Key metrics trends on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis for the Company and regions
- Financial reporting as well as operational reporting for the Company and regions, including variance explanations for comparisons to prior periods and projections
- Monthly covenant compliance reporting to the banks for the Company and its Joint Ventures
- Quarterly and annual financial reports for Industry compliance and comparison to peers
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of financial reports for regional and branch managers
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Review and/or analyze performance metrics and budget variances for management review
- Large Data analysis and modeling
- Direct and/or aide in the development and ongoing analysis of department performance metrics, including quality, efficiency, and productivity measures
- Identify trends, conduct competitive analysis, and ensure data integrity
Knowledge, Experience, Education Required:
- 3+ years’ experience in data analytics or financial planning and analysis
- Expert skill level in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, data mining, analysis)
- Strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, take on new responsibilities and provide results
- Strong learning desire and continuous process improvement in mind
- Exceptional skills in drawing conclusions from data and present results in an understandable format
- Top-notch communications skills with all levels of an organization
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and flows
- Strong technical skills with understanding of SQL and Jet Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, applied mathematics, or analytical discipline