Who we are: They say you should never mix family and finance, but that's where we disagree. Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top 10 national home lender, and we also work hard at creating a close-knit work-family. When you join our team, you're one of us. We put a lot of focus on cultivating a healthy and happy corporate culture -- a family you'll want to be a part of for many years to come.
What we're doing right: We have a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, and team member retention and happiness.
We're true to our word. Our brand is known for on-time closings -- a key core conviction of Cornerstone.
We're all about our customers. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 95, six points higher than all competitors!
We're all about our work-family. Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the seventh consecutive year.
We have plenty of experience and credibility. March 1, 2019 marks Cornerstone’s 32nd year in the residential lending business. We have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
What we believe in: Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference in the lives of our team members, customers, shareholders, and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,700 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions.
Where you come in: We're a great company with great people, and we're looking for a Licensed Loan Officer, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our top-tier mortgage professional. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our customers and Loan Officer can rely on them to ensure an accurate and timely closing process. The Licensed Loan Officer’s primary function is the promotion and sale of Company loan products and services to potential customers. This Licensed Loan Officer will work with one of our top-producing Senior Loan Officers, promoting the Company and its products and services, taking applications, analyzing customer financial information, negotiating terms, managing customer expectations, and ensuring the timely processing of their customer’s residential mortgage loans. This Licensed Loan Officer will work on referrals from the Senior Loan Officer, and, also, source and originate his/her own business.
What we need from you: Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization, and positive attitude.
In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Market, promote, and sell the Company’s loan products
- Establish and maintain relationships with our builder partner and its sales agents
- Advise potential customers of available products and options
- Take customer loan applications, which includes collecting asset/income information
- Analyze financial information to determine customer’s qualification for various loan products
- Negotiate rates and terms
- Define and manage customer loan process expectations
- Monitor and manage work-flow to ensure timely loan closing
- Maintain product knowledge and stay up to date on changes to market conditions
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to residential mortgage lending
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mortgage industry with a clear understanding of the residential mortgage loan process from application through fulfillment.
- Must be appropriately licensed (or be able to gain license within 60 days of start date) by the applicable regulator in each state in which he/she does licensee activities
- Excellent communication skills required
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills required
What we offer: Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible. Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a full benefits package, and basis points on your production.
What to do next: If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place for you (and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to match), we invite you to become a member of our winning team! And remember, once you're a part of our Cornerstone family, we'll continue to invest in you as a valuable asset in our company. As many of our team members can tell you, there's something special about working at Cornerstone. It really feels like home.