Who we are…
Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top ten national home lender with a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, employee retention and happiness. Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference to the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,500 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions. Our brand is known for on-time closings - a key core conviction of Cornerstone. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 96 … 6 points higher than all competitors. Additionally, Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the 6th consecutive year. March 1, 2017 is Cornerstone’s 30th year in the residential lending business, so we have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
We are a great company with great people and we are looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Closer, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our Customers and Loan Officers can rely on them ensure an accurate and timely closing process.
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible. Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package.
Who We Are Looking For…
As the market leader in the mortgage industry, Cornerstone is a workplace full of upbeat, dedicated, hardworking, long-term employees. With our time-tested strategy of relationship-driven, “raving fan” customer service, our company attracts top notch, A-players looking to take their skills to the next level.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful…
Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization, and positive attitude. In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Prepare Closing packages.
- Provide funding authorization to Title/Escrow Agents.
- Review signed closing packages for accuracy.
- Understanding fee tolerances, how to handle tolerance violations, when 3 day wait periods apply.
- Ensure the closing package is fully complete and accurate and compliant, which includes but is not limited to Lender and seller credits are itemized, POC credits are itemized, fees are listed in the correct sections
- Fee entries are correct
- Escrows set up properly
- Ensure all date entries are completed to ensure accurate reporting and to ensure Loan Officer (and team) have visibility to the steps that have been completed
- Update status notes within the TRID form regarding communication with Loan Officer, borrower or settlement agent
- Experience and extensive knowledge of new RESPA/GFE laws
- Clear focus on detail and ability to recognize inconsistencies in data/documents
- Detailed knowledge of Closing and Legal Documents (HUD-1, Note, Deed of Trust, Assignment, Title Binder) and Disclosure Documents (TIL, GFE, Right of Rescission, State-specific)
- Ability to work in a “High Volume" environment
- Great work ethic
- Working with LoanSoft software a plus
- Detailed knowledge of FHA/VA/USDA Loan Documents, Credit Documents (DU/LP Findings, 1003, 1008, Credit Report, VVOE, Appraisal) and Insurance Documents (Hazard, Flood, MI)
- MDIA Disclosure timing and APR rules
- TILA/RESPA LE/CD fee tolerance comparisons and change of circumstance
- Understanding of compliance, underwriting, origination or processing roles
Call To Action…
If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place you’d like to explore and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to be a member of our family, please let us know! We would love to get to know you. You can reach us by phone, text, or email. We look forward to meeting you!