RNs and LPNs,LAID OFF? WE HAVE HOURS! COME JOIN US FOR TEMPORARY OR FT EMPLOYMENT!
Join ourAMAZING nursing team at Cornerstone Port Angeles Care Center! Do you enjoy a fast pace of nursing? Do you love the reward of helping people heal and make it home successfully but also have a passion for caring for older adults? Then this is the work family for you! Our RN's and LPN's are part of a team of caring professionals that work together to provide our residents the care they deserve. You will enjoy a well organized and supplied nursing process as well as a beautiful new facility with a stable long term management team that is here to support you. We look forward to meeting you!
Here at Cornerstone Healthcare, we believe firmly in treating our staff with dignity, respect and kindness. As such, we show our gratitude with lots of INCREDIBLE INCENTIVES to join our team! Learn to LOVE WHERE YOU WORK through such awesomePERKS as outlined below:
- We offer aCOMPETITIVE WAGE AND BENEFITSpackage DOE and credentials
- Tired of paying for gas each month? LET US PAY YOUR TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR YOU!!! (for qualified individuals living 10+ miles away, $200 gas stipend per month)
- Tired of paying your student loans? LET US PAY YOUR STUDENT LOANS FOR YOU!!!
- Forgot your lunch during your shift? NO PROBLEM! We offer FREE MEALS, such as complimentary homemade "Soup of the Day" from our kitchen, plus we regularly like to treat our staff with providing take-out, pizza, donuts, etc.!
- WE PROVIDE PERKS ACROSS ALL SHIFTS, TOO!!! No longer do you have to feel snubbed if you work the NOC shift!
RN job description:
1. Supervisory Responsibilities
Makes daily work assignments.
Directs the work of employees.
Schedules lunch and rest breaks
Authorizes early departure from work.
Reassigns employees from one area to another area as center needs dictate.
Prepares written evaluations of assigned employees.
Enforces center policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action Reports as needed.
Authority to suspend employees for rules violation.
Initials time records to authorize variances.
Interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility.
Receives and handles employee complaints Participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new staff.
Review all daily physician Orders check follow through
Attends standup and reviews 24-hour report
On call as scheduled
Assist with resolution of resident/family concerns
2. Responsible for overseeing assigned Center core programs
3. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Center
Health Services, Inc.'s Compliance Program.
4. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
5. Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement ("PI") committees and
other meetings as scheduled and directed.
6. Follows center dress and hygiene policies.
Knows and follows center rules.
Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
Follows center-smoking policies.
Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the
appropriate center personnel.
Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Center
Uses required protective equipment.
Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
8. Resident Rights
Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
Participates in evening manager program as assigned
Support and assist with Mentor and Greeting programs
Participates in all-hands dining.
Performs other duties as directed by center management.
Participates in marketing events.
Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
Education: Possesses a current license to practice in the State as an RN.
Experience: At least one year of prior supervisory experience preferred. Prior experience working in a
long-term care center required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with
residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff. Possess special interest in,
and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Ability to read,
write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Knowledge of
long term rules and regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office version 1997, 2000 or XP, E-mail,
Outlook, Internet Explorer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cornerstone Healthcare Services