Jumbo Mortgage Underwriter
- Posted: over a month ago
The Jumbo Mortgage Underwriter reviews, conditions, and underwrites mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines; examines all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Review all loan submissions submitted by production and origination staff and generate initial credit decision in accordance with FNMA, FHLMC, Non-Agency Jumbo, Non-QM and other private investor guidelines as well as internal overlays.
- Ability to underwrite to multiple Non-Agency Jumbo investors in a changing market and regulatory environment.
- Evaluate mortgage loan applications to determine eligibility, acceptability, and compliance with applicable state, federal and investor guidelines.
- Perform credit and property analysis on conventional and Non-Agency Jumbo files.
- Analyze complex tax returns and accurately calculate income.
- Identify key loan factors impacting borrower eligibility, property eligibility and credit qualification for complex or atypical financial profiles, collateral and loan structures.
- Perform timely reviews of submitted conditions and loan resubmissions and complete credit decisions for complex loans assumed from colleagues.
- Identify and summarize Exception loans for escalation to Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager for business decision.
- Input data and notes into the Encompass loan system.
- Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by management.
- Effectively communicate, orally, in writing, and via email, the decisions reached as to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and retail production staff members.
- Ability to explain specific reasons for negative credit decisions and recommend possible solutions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Non-conforming/Non-Agency Jumbo underwriting experience.
- Superior knowledge of and experience with property and credit underwriting requirements of FNMA, FHLMC, Non-Agency Jumbo, and other private investor guidelines, as well as other loan programs and private mortgage insurance companies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, take and recommend appropriate actions with minimal supervision.
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines, all while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Cornerstone First Mortgage offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401k match after 6 months of service, and paid time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Cornerstone First Mortgage is proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.
Powered by JazzHR
Cornerstone First Mortgage
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cornerstone First Mortgage