Deposit and Payment Operations Representative (Credit Union)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a position that you can truly enjoy going to everyday? Cornerstone Financial Credit Union is actively seeking a full time Operational Services Representative to join our team. This position is located at our Nashville location. We value our employees and provide excellent benefits and the opportunity to grow in a professional business environment.
ABOUT CORNERSTONE FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION:
Cornerstone Financial Credit Union currently has six locations that serve over 45,000 members. Founded in 1955, Cornerstone Financial Credit Union is guided by the philosophy of people helping people. At Cornerstone, we not only offer the most competitive rates possible, but also provide exceptional service with sound financial counseling. We are Not for profit, Not for Charity, but for Service.
Performs duties including accounting work, processing of direct deposits, payroll deductions, Automated Clearing House (ACH) items, share drafts, credit card, debit card and other related transactions within the department. Works toward the overall credit union goal of providing superior service to members as well as to co-workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the daily balancing of teller reports.
- Processes daily ACH, Automated Teller Machine (ATM), credit cards, debit cards, returned checks, and drafts.
- Processes authorization requests for external payroll deductions including maintenance and balancing.
- Posts funds received for general ledger, member accounts, and Salary Distribution Plan (SDP) accounts.
- Assists in the reconcilement of outstanding disbursement checks.
- Maintains the inventory of theater tickets and temporary checks. Distributes a supply of these items to each branch as needed.
- Performs maintenance of stop payment requests and Salary Distribution Plan (SDP) records.
- Enters and verifies Shelterline Home Equity check orders with vendor.
- Verifies daily credits and debits from ACH and draft returns.
- Uses System Management Application (SMA) selector program to send and verify ACH and draft returns.
- Orders teller and ATM currency for each branch.
- Assists in researching member transactions along with retrieval of check copies.
- Prepares and maintains all department documentation within the credit union imaging system.
- Uses Microsoft Excel and Word software to create correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents.
- Backs up mailroom duties with other department staff on a rotation basis.
- Reviews Remote Deposit Capture in search of suspicious, fraudulent activity.
- Processes incoming and outgoing wires.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma is required. One to two years of accounting training or experience is preferred. Post high school business courses and training is helpful.
- Financial institution experience is preferred. Good accounting skills for balancing and reconciling accounts is desired. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs with an intermediate experience level in Word and Excel.
Physical, mental and visual requirements
- Many of the duties of this position are performed while seated for extended periods of time. Duties require excellent audio and verbal communication skills as well as excellent manual dexterity and visual skills. Mobility for the person in this position is necessary to handle office documents and supplies which require stooping, bending, stretching, and occasional climbing. The volume and nature of the duties of this position require the physical and mental stamina to handle multiple functions, meet required deadlines, and withstand periods of high stress.
- A valid driver's license is required to perform the mailroom duties.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to perform work assignments with a high level of accuracy. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail is required. Must have good organization and communication skills and work effectively with other departments and branches, function as a team player, and cooperate with co-workers, members, and business associates.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cornerstone Financial Credit Union
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Credit Services Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.