Litigation Support Technician
Cornerstone Discovery Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Excellent opportunity to join a top-ranked litigation support firm. Cornerstone Discovery is an end-to-end litigation support company seeking to hire a Litigation Support Technician to assist clients with in-court and out-of-court litigation needs. The Litigation Support Technician sets up and runs the courtroom technology for trial teams (clients) at courtrooms throughout the tri-State area (occasional travel may be required to support trials in states beyond PA, NJ, DE and NY). The Litigation Support Technician uses programs like Trial Director, OnCue, PowerPoint and related application tools for exhibit preparation and the digital display of exhibits in the courtroom. This position will manage and present hundreds of exhibits, which are prepped and displayed at a moment’s notice. During openings, closings, and expert testimony, the Technician will also be required to develop and run PowerPoint presentations. To ensure flawless and well-choreographed presentations, the Trial Technician will rehearse with attorneys and witnesses (when requested) so that presentations look professional and strategically planned. The Litigation Support Technician is also responsible for assessing and overseeing the technical requirements of a courtroom or war room including the setup and breakdown of equipment.
When not supporting Clients at trial this position will lend support to the organization's litigation support and administrative efforts such as light e-Discovery tasks, document management and assisting administrative staff as needed. Some of these tasks include but are not limited to scanning, printing, copying discs, uploading and managing files on our eDiscovery platform.
Cornerstone Discovery offers a casual, flexible, fun-filled and fast-paced work environment. Business attire (suit or business casual) is required for court and when meeting clients face-to-face.
In addition, Cornerstone Discovery offers future growth opportunities to learn other aspects of litigation support, such as eDiscovery and digital forensics.
- Operate technology equipment to run in-court presentations
- Show exhibits on-the-fly to be used with witnesses in court
- Work with litigation team to prep witnesses, conduct presentation run-throughs, and finalize court presentations
- Process trial exhibits and manage document databases prior to the start of trial
- Setup and run trial laptops with appropriate applications and data
- Assist with technology integrations and troubleshooting
- Technical support of end-user equipment
- Sync and create video deposition clips
- Set up of trial technology in courtroom, war room, arbitrations, hearings, and other litigation events
- Create graphics and other visuals for case development, including timelines,
animations, document excerpts, and PowerPoint presentations
- Consult, advise and assist attorneys, paralegals and other case team members on trial preparation, including courtroom and presentation setup
- Perform as a member of the trial team, and communicate at high levels with attorneys, witnesses, and clients
- Provide on-site trial technology assistance
- Willingness to learn and perform other duties as requested
- Two-year associate degree in a related field. Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication required
- Strength in graphic design and design tools
- Prior experience in the litigation support industry or related field is a plus
- Prior trial technician experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with Windows Operating System, MS Office and Google
- Strong technical aptitude and desire to learn
- Knowledge of and experience using presentation software including PowerPoint; and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong technical knowledge and background
- Experience in developing and implementing effective litigation-oriented presentations
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and carry out multiple related activities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound independent judgment
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow-up and follow through
- Ability to work the hours necessary to fulfil the responsibilities and be willing and able to handle overtime assignments when required. (Overtime paid at 1.5 hourly rate)
- Extensive (paid) travel may be required at times. Travel may be on short notice
- 0-30% travel outside Philadelphia
- Valid drivers licence required
- Ability to fly on commercial airlines
- Competitive salary with growth opportunity
- Overtime pay (1.5x)
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Healthcare/401K Matching
- Short-term disability and group life
We are a dedicated and trusted single-source solution for comprehensive criminal and civil litigation support needs. Over the past decade, our reputation for innovation, leadership, and reliability has afforded us the opportunity to become an expert litigation partner. In an industry that requires the integration and organization of a multitude of technical skills and services, our mission is to provide industry-leading support services, all while reducing unnecessary costs and increasing efficiencies. We offer law, government and business professionals an all-inclusive solution for strategic consulting services, dedicated project management, and innovative software solutions in e-Discovery, Digital Forensics, and Litigation and Trial Support.
Cornerstone DiscoveryWhy Work Here?
Awesome office culture and staff, great benefits and growth potential along with the ability to obtain hundreds of hours at trial.
Cornerstone Discovery was founded in 2005 and is located at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are proud to support clients both locally and nationally with certified technical experts and experienced trial technicians to help revolutionize our client's cases both in and out of the courtroom. We are a growing team of forensic examiners, software designers, and technology specialists. Our goal is to offer incredibly customized, quality services to our clients while maintaining an amazing culture along with tremendous growth opportunity for our employees. We are a dedicated and trusted single-source solution for comprehensive criminal and civil litigation support needs. Over the past decade, our reputation for innovation, leadership, and reliability has afforded us the opportunity to become an expert litigation partner. In an industry that requires the integration and organization of a multitude of technical skills and services, our mission is to provide industry-leading support services, all while reducing unnecessary costs and increasing efficiencies. We offer law, government and business professionals an all-inclusive solution for strategic consulting services, dedicated project management, and innovative software solutions in e-Discovery, Digital Forensics, and Litigation and Trial Support.
4775 League Island Blvd. PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia, PA