If you are a problem solver, passionate about staying up to date on product knowledge and technical skills, we have the perfect job for you!
Cornerstone seeks a Quality Inspector -Railcar, for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA or ‘the Authority’), one of the largest transit organizations in the United States.
The Quality Inspector - Railcar, shall have the ability to provide the Authority with quality control recommendations for rail-car maintenance based on experience.
The Quality Inspector - Railcar, must have demonstrated experience as a maintenance inspector and possess the knowledge to assess the implementation of WMATA maintenance procedures as well as recommend courses of investigation and engineering solutions.
The Quality Inspector - Railcar, shall develop and maintain daily records, both electronic and hardcopy, of all work. Also, coordinate with maintenance technicians on methods and practices, to be used on specific requirements.
This role requires an inspector, who is skilled in maintenance practices and can provide clear and effective inspection reports.
The Quality Inspector -Railcar will anticipate problems in assigned areas of inspection and initiate actions for their resolution to minimize work disruption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide rail-car SMS Quality Control
- Provide engineering modification Quality Control
- Achieve and maintain full familiarity with specifications, schedules and plans, applicable safety regulations, and current shop and working drawings relative to assigned inspection duties
- Perform inspections related to scheduled maintenance activities
- Inspect all phases of maintenance within assigned work area
- Perform physical measurements, which may involve the use of complex electronic or mechanical devices for non-destructive testing
- Collect and compile electronic and hard copy data to document the quality of the work
- Recommend courses of investigation and engineering solutions
- Read, interpret and understand the terms and conditions of specifications and drawings as they pertain to the performance of inspection duties
- Accurately complete inspector's portion of all electronic and hard copy forms pertaining to inspection
- Conduct weekly meetings with Project Coordinator to present reports and findings
- General knowledge of rail-car mechanics and their related maintenance procedures
- Experience developing maintenance inspection reports
- Experience with bar charts and familiarity with the Critical Path Method (CPM) of project scheduling
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, maintenance operations, or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with rail-car maintenance inspection processes
- American Quality Society (AQS) certification is preferred
- Ability to complete WMATA’s Railway Worker Protection Certification (RWP) Class
- General knowledge of rail-car mechanics and their related maintenance procedures;
- Experience developing maintenance inspection reports;
- Experience with bar charts and familiarity with the Critical Path Method (CPM) of project scheduling;
- Ability to write clearly and professionally
- Ability to produce communications quickly, efficiently, and to a high standard
- Knowledge of working in a government environment with experience with unions/unionized environment preferred
- Ability to complete the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Confined Spaces Training
- Ability to pass a government background check
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as maintenance schedule dictates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project.