Cornerstone - Cielo 4 Jasper, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is an "On the Job Training" program designed to enhance and develop previous classroom or technical training and to develop competent Electro-Mechanical skills. This position will perform basic to moderately complex Electro-Mechanical repairs and installations under the direction of a fully qualified Maintenance Associate.
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct mechanical and electrical failures in plant machinery and equipment. Associate will correct issues with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components, and PLCs with assistance with a senior maintenance associate.
- Performs routine and preventive, mechanical and electrical maintenance on all machinery.
- Maintains and repairs motorized equipment.
- Operates forklifts and manlifts; transports heavy parts and equipment.
- Fabrication of Metal parts to include, design layout, welding and installation.
- Operates equipment in the maintenance shop including, but not limited to drill, lathe, saws, grinders, sanders, etc.
- Basic shop machines operation and tool and die repair.
- Develop expertise in two of these areas: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, PLCs, mechanical, or fabricator/machinist.
- Identifies needed parts to repair equipment and facility; completes required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts.
- Maintenance and inventories of Electro-Mechanical spare parts and administration.
- Maintains work logs as required.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Performs grounds/facilities repairs, as required.
- Maintains supplies at workstation.
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked.
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed.
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required.
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
- Notify department supervisor and/or group leader if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
Education: High school graduate/GED supplemented by technical school or formal training in electrical and mechanical maintenance theory and application.
Experience: Minimum of four years of extrusion / plant experience with two years of machine operation preferred.
Knowledge: Individuals applying for this position should have completed a minimum of 30% of the core educational classes required for Industrial Maintenance Technology, as set forth by the Human Resource educational guideline, or have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Position requires walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, and twisting. Must have correctable hearing and eyesight.
Working Conditions: Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust. Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery. Occasional outside work during extreme weather conditions.
Equipment/Tools Used: Amp probe, basic hand tools, fork lift, hand power tools, O scope, OA torch, plasma cutter, soldering iron, volt meter, utility knife, hydraulic jack, mill lathe, saws, grinders, forklift, and manlift, etc. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associates’ performance appraisal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cornerstone - Cielo 4Why Work Here?
Great benefits and opportunity to grow with in the company
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Real EstateView all jobs at Cornerstone - Cielo 4