Adult Ministries Executive Pastor
One line job description
“The Executive Pastor of Adult Ministries will champion the leadership and spiritual development pathway of the organization.”
The next Executive Pastor of Adult Ministries will be a member of the Executive Team and will serve in the highest levels of leadership within the church. This is a great opportunity for a high-capacity leader to cultivate our Adult Ministries teams including Small Groups, Small Churches, Men’s’, Women’s’, Missions, Singles, Counseling and Care Ministries. This position will also guide the direction of the spiritual growth at our church.
Who we are looking for…
A Strategic Developer – The ideal candidate will be someone who sees the big picture clearly. They will have a deep understanding of the systems and programs it takes to maintain a discipleship pathway for our church.
A Ministry Savant – The ideal candidate will be someone who has been doing it at a high level for a long time. They will have spent significant time leading in a context of similar size and scope. The value of experience and a natural God-given leadership gifting cannot be overstated for this role.
A Church Sponge – The ideal candidate will be someone who has their pulse on what’s working in Church today. They will also have a tendency to think outside of the box and not be afraid to approach ministry in a way that will be sure to resonate with the world we live in.
A Decisive Leader – The ideal candidate will be someone who makes decisions in a timely manner that reflects the vision values of the organization. They will design clear courses of action and implement steps with measurable goals that move the Adults Ministries Team of Pastors, Directors, and staff forward.
A Collaborative Executive – The ideal candidate will be someone who brings immense insight and value to the Executive Leadership team at Cornerstone. They will have the ability to speak into the global ministry integration of the organization at large.
A Leader’s Pastor – The ideal candidate will be someone who is a steady team manager and proven mentor to Pastors and Ministry Directors. They will have the ability to pull the most out of their personnel while also creating an environment that builds consensus, symmetry and integration across the team.
Essential duties and responsibilities…
An Executive leader with Cornerstone provides leadership in a number of ways, including…
- Culture – creating, building, sustaining a culture within their team based on our church and staff values
- Vision – casting the overall church vision to their team while also creating and casting vision for their division
- Personnel – a focus on leader development, working to develop the current team for new opportunities while always recruiting high-capacity leaders into the ministry
- Strategy – helping leaders create strategic pathways for students to grow in their faith while setting strategy to grow the ministries to meet the needs of the church
- Financials – oversees the budgeting process for their teams and stewardship of funds
- Pastoral Care – the span of care for each team is provided through the Executive
An ideal candidate…
- has 5+ years’ experience in full time ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 2000 members.
- has experience leading Adult Ministries, small groups, events, etc.
- aligns with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone
- is a self-reliant, self-starter, with the ability to innovate
- generates new ideas, gives direction, and allows others to work the details
Cornerstone’s employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship. Each employee must be a member of Cornerstone supporting the vision and values of the church.
Are you ready to lead the team that guides spiritual development at a thriving organization?
Powered by JazzHR
Cornerstone ChurchChandler, AZ
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.