Cornerstone Buildings Brands Rocky Mount, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ply Gem Windows & Doors
$1000 BONUS for all new hires after 90 days of employment! - Starting at $13.00/hr.
Work as part of team and/or independently to transport finished products from production lines to shipping racks. Transport returned items from trucks to appropriateproduction lines. Scan each window/door, note and report gaps in production. Also perform light packaging duties.
1. Review production-line output, observes completed carts (loaded with finished windows/doors).
2. Retrieve loaded carts from production staging area (alone or with assistance, determined by load size.
3. Move loaded cart to shipping racks.
4. Match production tag/paperwork to appropriate rack/slot.
5. Use hand-held RF scanner to scan bar code on each window/door.
6. Lift product from cart and place product in appropriate slot on rack. Repeat process until cart is loaded.
7. Return empty cart to open area.
8. Transport returned items to appropriate production line.
9. Assemble cardboard corner-caps for packaging.
10. Apply protective blocks and wrapping to specific window profiles.
11. Package garden windows.
1. Assist in other Shipping positions as required.
2. Continuously performs quality control tasks: visually inspects PVC and glass for imperfections, places rejects in specified area per training.
3. Sweep, wipe surfaces, empty waste/recycling containers and/or clean work area as needed throughout the shift.
4. Complete and maintain production paperwork as needed.
Education: High SchoolGraduate/GED.
Experience: Previous warehouse experience in manufacturing/production preferred
Knowledge: Ability to read, write and speak simple English as appropriate to a manufacturing environment. Must be able to read production tags,production paperwork, safety warning labels and signs; must be able to verbally communicate with coworkers, leads and supervisor regarding the productionprocess and safety related information. Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability toread a tape measure to the 1/16th inch. Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral and physically demonstrated or diagrammed form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or fromstandardized situations.
Ability to become familiar with the Shipping department’s positions and procedures. Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and supervisor/manager. Ability to multi-tasks job duties andprioritize work tasks according to production requirements. Ability to visually perceive scratches, irregularities, or other imperfections in materials. Ability to meet quality standards. Ability to contribute to a safe and drug freeworkplace.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Must possess common sense, positive attitude, demonstrate excellent attendance and work effectively under stress and/or tight deadlines. Must be quality and safety conscious, and a team player.
Must be able to work quickly with product and able to lift 5 to 75 pounds maximum. Must be able to carry items up to 25 pounds short distances. Must have good communicationskills and be able to interact with people. Continuously alternates between standing and walking throughout shift. Ability to turn on/off forklift. Ability to manipulate the forklift steering wheel, gears, levers and foot pedalssimultaneously to effectively operate the forklift. Ability to frequently push/pull, bend at the waist and neck, kneel/squat, twist, reach above shoulders and below waist, use repetitive hand/arm movements, have excellentmanual dexterity including grasping and pinching, climb and work at heights when using ladders in order to complete the essential functions of this job on an accurate and continual basis in a fast-paced production environment.
Working Conditions: Manufacturing environment: Open plant, cement floors, stationary machinery, moving equipment, exposure to various chemicals, solvents, and glass and vinyl dust.
Equipment/Tools Used: Carts, paperwork, pens/pencils, radio, barcode scanner, computer terminal, chop saw, forklift and required personal protective equipment.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner inaccordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as
applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions.
Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations. Additionally,
the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirementslisted above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Buildings Brands
AddressRocky Mount, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Cornerstone Buildings Brands