Cornerstone Buildings Brands Galion, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
· Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem-solving.
· Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment.
· Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale and satisfaction.
· Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
· Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
· Monitor WIP levels and compliance to all processes
· Maintain 5 S in your area of responsibility. Maintain a safe work area and insure all accidents are reported and help in the investigation
· Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
· Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
· Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
· Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
· Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
· Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
· Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
Qualification and Skills required:
· 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
· Previous experience as a work center lead preferred
· Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
· Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
· Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
· Knowledge of product, processes and equipment
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Buildings Brands
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cornerstone Buildings Brands