Cornerstone Building Brands Rocky Mount, VA
- Expired: 21 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor performs frontline supervisory functions and is responsible for safety, corrective action, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews for a shift or for multiple shifts of hourly associates as well as making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Supervises, directs, advises, and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. In addition, this position will actively encourage and support concepts of associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Facilitates the manufacture of building products to meet production demands, while ensuring quality, safety, and environmental responsibility.
- In conjunction with appropriate plant leadership, develops and implements staffing guidelines to maximize utilization of human resources while controlling manpower costs. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and replaces staff as required to ensure performance objectives are met/exceeded.
- Maintain a high degree of leadership and supervisory skills including: Developing and training teammates so they are prepared to assume positions of increasing responsibilities; evaluate teammates generally annually and give feedback to perform better; and hold shift meetings for Safety and Production items as instructed by the manager.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to include 5S and conversion cost reduction.
- Provides technical leadership and training to shift personnel in areas that may include line setup/operation, testing, tooling, troubleshooting, machine metrics definition/reporting, changeover, safety procedures, record keeping, and training facilitation.
- Identifies potential career paths for associates and works with associates to develop their skills and knowledge in order to progress within the company. Provides documentation and follow up to training and job responsibilities.
- Interviews qualified candidates for manufacturing positions and recommends candidates for hire.
- Assigns personnel to extrusion lines or production areas and oversees line or area rotations and break schedules during assigned shift(s) by maintaining a high degree of communication skills to accomplish seamless shift changes and troubleshooting progress.
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line operation; operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective action.
- Interrupt the normal flow of work to respond to any short notice production or shipping needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety polices and regulations and ability to address all unsafe acts and conditions
- Administers policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides coaching and counseling to associates and corrective action when needed, always following the company guidelines.
- Ability to promote overall goals of company in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous process improvement. Uses statistics or SPC to help better control the extrusion and/or production or assembly process.
- Controls materials to eliminate waste.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology, Management, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of manufacturing leadership experience is highly preferred
- Relevant experience in sheet extrusion strongly preferred for extrusion facilities, fenestration experience strongly preferred
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, combined with the ability to educate and train non-degreed operators and technicians in a production environment.
- Ability to play a true team member role with other key plant leadership members.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, mentor and train associates on a regular basis.
- A highly skilled and motivated individual proficient in all areas of extrusion operation.
- Possesses a high degree of current quality standards and checks. Proficient in STOP and 5S principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Upper level mathematical and mechanical skills
- Proficient in use of calipers and other measuring devices.
- Knowledge of PVC resin/compound blending preferred for some locations.
- Knowledge of fenestration process experience may also be required.
- Knowledge of work orders, schedules and priorities and ability to carry out tasks.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Some experience with HRIS systems, onboarding, and time keeping strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Building Brands
433 N Main StRocky Mount, VA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cornerstone Building Brands