The Branch Manager and Mortgage Banking Officer will run the day-to-day operations of the Branch, including client service, branch operations, and employee coaching and guidance. This role will be responsible for marketing Cornerstone Bank in the local community and have stated goals for bringing in new business in all banking products. You will also serve as the primary point of contact for home buyers throughout the home buying process and maintenance of the Bank's mortgage portfolio. This includes collecting on past due accounts, processing note renewals and loan modifications. Operations, sales, and service are the key emphases of this position.
- Manage branch staff and ensure that daily staffing and scheduling is in place to cover all aspects of the Branch
- Act as a personal banker when necessary and open accounts, perform transactions, and serve clients. Resolve client service issues or requests including wire requests, account transfers, line of credit draws, etc.
- Provide for a pleasant and supportive work environment for employees with continuous feedback and coaching for improvement in service and sales
- Review daily new account openings, and reports, to become familiar with new clients and that the appropriate account set up and documentation is in place, and that the bank’s marketing campaigns are being followed (i.e., On-Boarding)
- Manage the Branch initiatives in clearing deposit documentation exceptions and ensuring that system corrections are accomplished as quickly as possible on known account set-up errors discovered by Deposit Operations. Contact clients on CRISS alerts, deficit balances, Reg D violations, etc., and provide written response to Deposit Operations. Ensure that the tellers balance each day and the proof work is in place and prepared for courier pick-up
- Ensure branch audits receive a satisfactory rating
- Manage branch security including overall security of the vault. Manage key controls and/or night drop controls if necessary. Ensure that dual control procedures are adhered to on a daily basis
- Adhere to established security safeguards, procedures and other Bank policies
- Grow the deposit base for the market by bringing in new relationship business to the bank with a focus on core deposits / non-interest bearing accounts
- Obtain individual and Branch goals set by management
- Originate quality consumer loans and manage customers through the consumer loan process from initiation to closing
- Refer quality borrowers to other revenue producing areas of the bank
- Maintain positive client relationships
- Present advantages and disadvantages of different financial products to determine the best products to meet the customer's needs and financial circumstances
- Develop marketing and promotional strategies to attract new business through networking and community relations
- Assist in file origination, quote, application, disclosures within RESPA, Reg Z and Fair Credit and Reporting guidelines, and requesting all required documentation from the client
- Pro-actively maintains control of the loan file, monitors dates for approval, appraisals, purchase deadlines and closing, and ensures that all deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in preparing Consumer Closing Packages
- Service Mortgage Portfolio customers – call past due accounts, clear exceptions, loan renewal and loan modifications
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, TRID, and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high-risk accounts, and reporting suspicious activities to Supervisor or BSA Department. Must adhere to applicable regulations, internal controls, policies, procedures and the Code of Conduct. Complete all required training sessions related to these regulations
- Perform special projects and additional tasks as assigned, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years retail banking experience, including an assistant branch manager position
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage origination experience including knowledge and experience working and complying with TRID and the loan approval process
- Minimum of 2 years Encompass systems experience
- Strong working knowledge of branch operations and branch compliance
- Experience in sales coaching and training
- Must have managed a team before
- Must possess excellent verbal and written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer software
- Must have high level analytical skills, knowledge and application of banking regulations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and relationship building expertise
- Must have good organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong judgment and initiative
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
Other Job Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy
The Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. It is the policy of the Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals. The Bank does not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disabled or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR