Exercise Lead - Homeland Security
Corner Alliance Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn, and collaborate with others who are just as passionate about their work as you are? Are you a self-starter and consider your strengths to be solving complex problems, building client and stakeholder relationships, proactive teamwork, analytical thinking, and project management? If so, we are looking for you!
Corner Alliance, a dynamic and growing consulting firm dedicated to an enriching employee experience, is looking for an experienced Assessment Lead (Senior Consultant) with 8-12 years of experience in technology R&D initiatives (such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, unmanned aerial systems, and emerging information sharing tools), developing field experimentations of new technologies and operational exercises, and drafting requirements, technical solutions, and policy recommendations. The Senior Consultant will join our Washington, DC team and work to ensure the successful analysis of emerging solutions and execution of the contract for a Federal client.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for managing the assessment of operational experiments and exercises to support a Federal client, with responsibilities spanning:
- Planning, execution, and analysis of homeland security and public safety operational experimentations/field exercises;
- Development and implementation of data collection methods, measurements, and overall assessment spanning multiple R&D domains; and
- Client and stakeholder relationship management;
The role is an opportunity to join an energetic consulting team and make a difference by increasing the capabilities of homeland security and public safety professionals across Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) agencies.
About the Responsibilities:
- Quickly establish, develop, and foster positive rapport with Federal government clients in a professional and positive environment
- Lead the assessment planning and execution of exercises consisting of small and large operational scenarios, tabletop exercises, and field experimentations to assess the viability of technologies for frontline personnel in the homeland security and public safety domain.
- Develop and execute qualitative and quantitative measurement approaches to assess new and emerging technologies across the homeland security domain.
- Support the development, review, and submission of technical reports containing experimentation findings and recommendations.
- Manage assessment execution, including managing capture of data, and training of capture personnel and analysts.
- Support engagement with several Federal and SLTT stakeholders to assess experimentation needs and support their participation throughout the planning, execution, and analysis phases of stakeholder meetings and field exercises.
- Participate in and lead business development efforts
- Carry out Corner Alliance’s Commitments to Deliver, Grow, and Thrive
You will work as part of a dynamic team at our offices in Washington, DC.
*You will interview, onboard, and work remotely due to COVID-19 until it is safe to return to the office*
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8-12 years of experience assessing operational experiments and/or exercises of homeland security, or public safety related contracts and projects.
- Experience leading assessment development and execution of multi-day operational experimentation or exercises to support testing and evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Previous experience assessing tabletop and large-scale exercises based on the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- Experience with senior-level stakeholders and clients across Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) agencies.
- Experience developing and reviewing reports outlining findings and recommendations based on qualitative data and scientific approaches.
- Ability to quickly learn about new and emerging technologies to support the effective scoping of experiments and their successful evaluation.
- Ability to lead strategy sessions with senior officials with excellent meeting design and facilitation skills, incorporating innovative tools and tactics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint. Experience with Smartsheet or Microsoft Project is a plus.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass public trust clearance or suitability
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be detail-oriented, can re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment, have great client management and people management skills, can manage high quality deliverables on time and this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
And the part about consulting? You also don’t need to have a consulting background to apply - we have consultants here from many different backgrounds: non-profits, associations, government, private sector and anything in between. We offer a 2 day orientation where we teach you the Corner Alliance Way of Delivery (which is Consulting). What you need is to have transferable skills: an eagerness to improve things, being analytical, applying critical thinking, having good writing skills, being curious about how things fit into the bigger picture, being able to break a project up into tasks and implement them, being personable and having an ability to build trust with our clients and colleagues.
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+)), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual merit-based bonus program, regular check-ins for professional growth goals, weekly one on one performance manager meetings, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to a highly engaged team.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing - we are a recurrent Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company honoree and a past Winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Visit us at www.corneralliance.com to learn more
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Corner Alliance