Are you looking for a company that commits to your success as much as you value delivering excellent work? Do you thrive in a team-orientated, collaborative environment that fosters inclusivity, encourages innovation, and appreciates you and your contributions when you deliver and help the company grow?
Corner Alliance is a dynamic, G R O W I N G consulting firm that devotes itself to providing an enriching employee experience while meeting project deliverables. We are looking to add an energetic, experienced Consultant I/Program Support Specialist I (min exp 2+ years) to our Washington DC team that embodies our culture and fully embraces our commitments to deliver, grow and thrive. You are open to working across Federal agencies and have the ability to make a direct impact on our company as we scale-up internally. Ultimately you will contribute to meaningful work for our Federal government clients to help them do amazing things.
If your strengths include: spearheading creative solutions, relationship building, reprioritization of tasks, having an unflappable attitude when unexpected challenges arise, and active listening and hearing, then we are looking for you!
About the Role:
You will provide program management support for a Federal government client with responsibilities spanning: legislative and policy analysis on issues focused on modernizing the agency’s workforce system with emphasis on performance and economic data analysis.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Quickly establish, develop, and foster positive rapport with federal government clients in a professional, creative environment
- Ability to identify process issues and fix them independently
- Develop a personal brand and establish honest and meaningful relationships with stakeholders, supervisor, and team members
- Collaborate with a dedicated and diverse consulting team and encourage creative solutions
- Support strategic program and project management initiatives as directed by the Project Manager
- Conduct legislative and policy analysis focused on workforce system modernization
- Identify efficiencies or tools to improve existing/new organizational processes
- Facilitate, set up, and coordinate internal meetings from start to finish; train and administer tasks to junior consultants
- Develop content for Corner Alliance methodologies or processes
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Evolve into a subject matter expert and master required skills
- Spearhead ‘action planning’ and implement new, creative initiatives
- Carry out our Commitments to | D e I i v e r | G r o w | T h r i v e |
You will work as part of a dynamic team at the client-site in metro-accessible Washington, DC.
*You will interview, onboard, and work remotely due to COVID-19 until it is safe to return to the office*
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in program management support
- Previous experience with legislative and policy analysis
- Direct experience working on a daily (face-to-face) basis to advise senior level clients
- Creative thinker with the ability to translate complex information into manageable pieces
- Receptive to all forms of feedback from clients and colleagues, and proactive to make changes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Skilled in problem solving with a flexible approach towards stakeholders
- Demonstrates an u n f l a p p a b l e attitude even when faced with changes or adversity
- US citizenship or permanent resident with the ability to pass a government public-trust clearance or suitability
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be detail-oriented, can re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment, have great client management and people management skills, can manage high quality deliverables on time and this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
And the part about consulting? You also don’t need to have a consulting background to apply - we have consultants here from many different backgrounds: non-profits, associations, government, private sector and anything in between. We offer a 2 day orientation where we teach you the Corner Alliance Way of Consulting. What you do need are: transferable skills.
Transferable Skills and Traits:
- Coachable - receptive to feedback and swift on implementing suggestions
- Unflappable - capability to navigate unexpected challenges with grace and come up with thoughtful solutions; you fully embrace a ‘we-will-figure-it-out’ mindset in chaos
- Resourceful - eager to learn more and develop skills you may not have; and ability to learn new systems quickly and a thirst to learn independently
- Innovative - willing to challenge the status quo, push boundaries, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Excellent Writing Skills - ability to synthesize, be concise, use the active voice, proofread and edit
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills - ability to collect and analyze relevant information, problem-solve, and make rational decisions
- Prioritization Skills - ability to sequence tasks in order of terms of importance; and willingness to pivot if more important tasks arise
- Rapport Builder - having a natural ability to build candid, honest relationships with our clients and colleagues
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual bonus program with check-ins for professional growth goals, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to highly engaged people.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing - we are a seven time Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company and Fastest Growing Company and a past Winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Visit us at www.corneralliance.com to learn more.
Powered by JazzHR