Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Pharmacist with filling and labeling outpatient prescriptions
- Assists patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders
- Enters prescription orders into the computer
- Creates a profile of the patient's health and insurance information in the computer or updates the patient's profile
- Prepares medications and supplies for dispensing in a timely manner
- Communicates with providers and their agents to obtain refill authorization
- Communicates with insurance carriers to obtain payment for prescription claims
- Verifies the customer receives the correct prescription
- Maintains awareness of local, state, federal and company regulations related to pharmaceutical field.
- Assists with pharmacy inventory including maintaining regular inspections, controlling and auditing medications
- Delivers supplies and medication and driving pharmacy vehicle if needed
- Performs all other duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED required. State of Connecticut Pharmacy Technician Licensure required.
- At least one (1) year work experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Certification in lieu of experience will be considered.
- Valid Connecticut Driver's License desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medication brands and generic names.
- Knowledge of computer operations and insurance and third party payment systems.
- Ability to make routine decisions, strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills, courteous attitude and ability to respect confidentiality of patient data.
- Bilingual preferred.
Privileging and Credentialing is a vital part to your starting at CSHHC. There will be a checklist of documents you must submit well in advance of your orientation start date. All must be provided and no exceptions will be made. Any delays with these requests will push your orientation start date to the following month.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center
AddressNew Haven, CT
Get fresh Per Diem Pharmacy Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.