Senior Project Engineer(REMOTE)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Senior Project Engineer
About the Position:
Coretelligent is a leading provider of information technology solutions for hundreds of mid-sized, enterprise, and small businesses throughout the country. Coretelligent is looking to hire a Sr. Project Engineer to join our dynamic team. The Senior Project Engineer is a high-level individual hands-on contributor, with a sharp technical focus on supporting the execution of IT/infrastructure projects on behalf of our clients across the country.
Coretelligent Project Engineers may often be required to travel onsite to a client location for portions of various projects. Engineers must be prepared and able to successfully work on multiple projects at any given time. Projects vary in size and scope.
- Provide tactical execution against complex project scopes – design, configure, deploy, and support new/existing infrastructure deployments
- Provide end-user training and support
- Create and update technical documentation, including runbooks, network diagrams, IP spreadsheets, configuration/build guides, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed time tracking / daily time entry within Autotask
- Responsible for creating detailed documentation outlining how systems were configured and creating end-user guides to Coretelligent’s standards.
- Manage, track and report project budgets and reports
- Ensure client satisfaction from the beginning to end of project
- Partner with Coretelligent project manager(s) to lead and execute various technology projects for our client base
- Projects you will lead/execute may include but are not limited to:
- Email Migrations – Exchange to Exchange, Exchange to Cloud
- Office network deployments (firewall, switching, wireless, UPS devices)
- File Sharing Services – Windows-based file server to cloud systems such as Egnyte, Box, OneDrive, etc.
- Security integrations such as Single Sign On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), leveraging providers such as Centrify/iDaptive, OKTA, etc.
- Work with audio/video and/or phone system vendors to deploy new systems
- Manage an office relocation with the assistance of our Project Managers
- Server Upgrades / Migrations (Windows Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012 R2)
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment frequently (up to 75lbs)
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license – heavy local travel (driving) required with 2-5 days per week in the field being the norm
- Travel beyond local region (i.e.: flights, train) for project work may be required. Must be able to spend up to 7 nights out of town (generally with advanced notice).
- Able to work nights and weekends to perform off-hours upgrades and migrations if needed
- College degree (BA/BS in software/technical field) or equivalent work experience
- At least five years of industry experience with hands-on IT systems architecture, deployment, and support
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with the ability to effectively document critical information and processes
- Follow and adhere to defined processes, policies, and change-management procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of major IT architecture, best practices, and concepts
- Strong familiarity with industry leading vendors and their associated product-sets and solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot on key technologies, including:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Windows Server (2019 / 2016 / 2012 R2)
- Microsoft Active Directory (Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, NPS, etc.)
- Exchange Server (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010)
- VPN Clients (Cisco, Fortinet)
- Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco)
- Wireless Technology (Aerohive, Meraki, Ubiquiti)
- Remote Desktop (MS RDS, Citrix)
- Cloud Services (O365, Egnyte, Centrify/iDaptive, Box/DropBox, etc.)
- Storage (HPE Nimble, DellEMC, Synology, etc.)
- Backup Solutions (Veeam, Zerto, etc.)
- Advanced Technical Certifications (VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Fortinet, etc.)
- Previous consulting experience
- Light Project Management experience
- Team Lead experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Do you have a passion for learning about new and emerging technologies? Join our growing team!
Our team members make us who we are. It's why our employees stay. It's why our clients stay.
Founded in 2006 and led by world-class experts, Coretelligent’s five key services – 360 Support, CoreCloud, CoreBDR, CoreArmor and Managed IT – are relied on by top-tier organizations in the communications, education, financial services, life sciences, real estate, retail and technology industries among others.
Our team’s passion and dedication have helped us earn an impressive number of industry accolades from the Boston Business Journal, CRN, Inc., MSPmentor, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and others. We are headquartered in Westwood, Mass (right outside of Boston), with offices in New York City, Philadelphia and the San Francisco Bay area.
We appreciate and value each and every team member and take pride in providing competitive compensation and benefits, including medical and dental coverage on day 1, employer paid short and long term disability, and 401(k) with a match. Our weekly catered lunches are just one of many perks.
TechnologyView all jobs at Coretelligent