Remote SYSTEMS ENGINEER I
About the Team:
Charged with the proactive monitoring and maintenance of client systems and infrastructure, the RST Systems team handles response to all client systems alerting, monitoring, and maintenance to ensure maximum uptime and stability. Providing break-fix and remediation of all alerting for Cloud Services, Servers, Firewalls, Core Routing and Switching Infrastructure, and Connectivity.
About the Position:
The Engineer I level resource will be able to design, build, and support a single-site client site from ground up in two standard 8 hour business days. This design is required to accommodate 5 to 25 user, active directory, mail server, remote access, network printing, network shares, routing, and internet connectivity.
· Receives and responds to internal incident escalation, to provide consultation on next steps or further assistance to the user
· Receives and responds to inbound alarms and incidents from Clients, monitoring systems, and Internal & External users
· Performs routine tasks to triage and remediate alarms on system or service outages
· Provides regular and timely updates to all parties (internal and external) on incident statuses
· Maintains detailed documentation, notes, and steps pending or completed on all support tickets
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a support environment
· Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Performs a variety of technical tasks to complete requested work or remediate incidents
· Works under general supervision
· Role requires a certain degree of creativity and latitude in the troubleshooting process
· Aids higher tier engineering staff with problem research and documentation.
· Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 25 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
· Outstanding communication at all levels within an organization, both written and verbal
· Detail oriented, highly organized with the ability to effectively document critical information and processes
· Follow and adhere to defined processes and procedures
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.)
· Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a highly dynamic environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
· Excellent customer service skills
· 3 to 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or a Domain Admin in a technical contact center or network operations center environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Do you have a passion for learning about new and emerging technologies? Join our growing team!
Our team members make us who we are. It's why our employees stay. It's why our clients stay.
Founded in 2006 and led by world-class experts, Coretelligent’s five key services – 360 Support, CoreCloud, CoreBDR, CoreArmor and Managed IT – are relied on by top-tier organizations in the communications, education, financial services, life sciences, real estate, retail and technology industries among others.
Our team’s passion and dedication have helped us earn an impressive number of industry accolades from the Boston Business Journal, CRN, Inc., MSPmentor, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and others. We are headquartered in Westwood, Mass (right outside of Boston), with offices in New York City, Philadelphia and the San Francisco Bay area.
We appreciate and value each and every team member and take pride in providing competitive compensation and benefits, including medical and dental coverage on day 1, employer paid short and long term disability, and 401(k) with a match. Our weekly catered lunches are just one of many perks.