Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Azure Cloud Security
- Expired: October 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and supporting the Microsoft Defender for Cloud / Azure security infrastructure for Coretek and its clients. Assess weaknesses in platforms, processes, technologies, and architectures to manage risk of exposure of proprietary data. Periodic review of trends or exposures that could be addressed by system policy, training, technical steps, or applications to address cloud security. Additional responsibilities include technology standards, process definition, documentation of platforms/ process, automation of repetitive tasks, reporting status and activities, managing and executing assigned project tasks or small projects including major version upgrades, transitions of service for clients, productivity enhancements, and integration with Coretek infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and be a senior resource for user and Microsoft Defender for Cloud security platforms, creation of procedures, implementation of processes, automating tasks, enhancing tool monitoring, ensuring overall health of these platforms, and development of standards for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments.
- Lead the development and support enforcement of system policy, procedures, and standards
- Oversee or perform remediation of security/ management platform issues
- Develop written processes and procedures for level 1 and help-desk personnel to use to remediate management or security agent issues including customer-specific procedures, as needed
- Continuously identify and develop security and productivity-enhancing improvements through automation, better procedures, and other innovations
- Integrate security systems in to the Coretek ticketing / SOAR systems for automation
- Serve as an expert to the organization on cloud/PaaS security & risks
- Continuously research and learn about additional security technology solutions which may not be currently in use at Coretek.
- Manage problem status, set clear expectations, provide timely follow-up to internal and external clients, and independently handle challenging situations on a daily basis
- Maintain knowledge of current security trends and be able to clearly communicate them to internal and external clients
- Serve as a security senior practitioner/advisor, as needed, for escalations, incidents, and other security initiatives
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong knowledge and experience with industry leading security vendor platforms for cloud systems
- Candidates with strong cloud security knowledge & experience lacking MS defender for cloud experience are considered. Training in the Microsoft suite is provided for new recruits.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft security platforms and tools is a strong plus
- Industry Certifications including vendor certifications are a plus
- Must be able to provide guidance on architecture and design for cloud security platforms
- Knowledge of common scripting tools, PowerShell, Python, Bash a plus
- Strong, in-depth analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Team player able to lead a small project team when required and also work independently
- Ability to effectively interact with other IT Services professionals and communicate clearly with native and non-native English speakers throughout the world
- MSP/MSSP experience desired
- Bachelor's degree in a technical/creative discipline or equivalent work experience in IT or Information Security
AddressFarmington Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Coretek Services
Get fresh Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.