Cloud Data Engineer
Coretek Services Farmington Hills, MI
- Expired: January 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Coretek is seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join our team. As a Cloud Data Engineer, you have a strong understanding of how data influences business to then build and execute modern data engineering strategies using the latest technologies available in Azure. As a consultant you will work with our clients to drive value from data platforms and information engineering while maximizing the flow of information across the business. As a consultant, your role contributes to the development and execution of the clients enterprise-wide IT strategy, ensures its alignment with the business strategy and the delivery of business capabilities through technology.
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Proven expertise in modern Data Engineering, Database Engineering, Database Design, Database programming (SQL, Python, etc..)
* Experience with Azure Synapse
* Experience with analytics platforms in Azure
* Experience designing and developing ETL and ELT processes in a variety of platforms (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Matillion etc..)
* Experience with Data Collaboration Platforms (e.g. Calibra, Alation) and Automated meta data management solutions
* Expertise in Engineering Master Data Management, Operational Data Stores, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing solutions
* Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology and real-time/low-latency data pipeline and ETL Engineering
* Experience with Relational (MSSQL), In memory (KDB), Hadoop, NoSQL, Columnar DB platforms, Cloud Databases and Analytics environments
* Understanding of Data Exploration, Visual Analytics concepts, experience with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Power BI
* Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server
* Expertise in Microsoft data technologies (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, etc.)
* Expertise designing Batch and event-driven processes, and Data Quality processes
* Working knowledge of service-oriented architecture
* Working knowledge of continuous delivery/continuous integration practices
* Understanding of secure data architecture and security models across data platforms. Experience in implementing data masking, encryption, data classification and access control
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, who strives for the best outcomes and change while being cautious by understanding risks and threats
* Collaborating with other Consultants, Engineers, Developers, and business partners to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards
* Demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends to advance business capabilities.
* Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues
* Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance, and data privacy
* Consulting background preferred
* Prior relevant experience in data engineering
* Proven experience driving innovative technical solutions for business problems listed in the job description
* Experience facilitating & developing IT/Business roadmaps and strategic communications for business leaders
* Desire to take ownership of issues and seeing them through completion
* Takes pride in delivering quality end-to-end solutions
* Requires mastery level knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience; or Masters degree with 3 years of experience.
AddressFarmington Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Coretek Services