Contract Packaging Company has an immediate need for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is required to support the growth of a National Packaging Company. The candidate selected for this position must have an entrepreneurial spirit and must have experience with all operational functions within a high-volume production facility including extensive production floor management and direct contact with our customers. At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of a multi-shift operation including Safety, Production efficiencies, CI improvements, Maintenance, Inventory control and shipping and receiving. Strong leadership skills and communication skills are critical to the success of the position.
- Accomplishes project results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains a level work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting process goals; observing control points; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization cGMPs and Safety guidelines.
- Ensures operation of all facility equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Manages a safe work environment by advocating safety training, accident preparedness, and compliance with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations. Lead the team in a safe and efficient operation while also ensuring the security of the product and facility.
- Ensure production performance KPI’s are tracked, and overall goals are set, maintained daily, and continuously improved. KPIs include; operating efficiencies, financial performance, safety, labor utilization, product quality, OTIF, inventory accuracy, and adherence to established SOPs.
- Maintain a high level of Quality, Customer Service, and regulatory compliance throughout the facility.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with peers, team, and senior managers to communicate effectively, collaborate across departments, and strategically implement solutions.
- Inspire your team with challenging assignments and coaching to facilitate individual growth and development; foster a collaborative environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
· 5+ years of previous management experience in high-volume production, facility management and shipping and receiving.
· Tracking budget expenses.
· Provide leadership to full time and temporary staffing.
· Maintains ongoing and open communication with vendors, internal managers, and facility team.
· Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in all situations with strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and communicate them to others.
· Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop other team members.
· Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel along with WMS experience.
· Previous experience managing diverse teams of 100+ associates.
· Available to support multiple shifts as required.
· Must have a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience.