· Complete understanding and familiarity with calculating, sizing and selecting mechanical and hydraulic equipment, distribution and infrastructure.
· Including but not limited to:
· Dust Collectors, Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Chillers, Pumps, Air Handling Units, Terminal Units, Fans / Blowers, Pumps, DOAS Units, Control Valves and Instrumentation, Hazardous Exhaust, Dehumidification Units, Heat Recovery Systems, Energy Savings Equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
· International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes (codes including Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy Conservation, Fuel Gas, and Fire Codes)
· ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards
· SMACNA Standards
· Identifying opportunities for innovation and making recommendations that are supported by the analysis and are consistent with code and good engineering practice
· Actively coordinates with internal/external team members. Typically responsible for defining project schedules for HVAC.
· Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders
· Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report
· Ensure the installation of the mechanical system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client
· Resolving design issues creatively and thoroughly coordinating design with other disciplines.
· Review Mechanical design packages from other team members
· Minimum of 10 years mechanical consulting experience with HVAC systems
· Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working
· Professional Engineer registration
· Experience in design Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and some plumbing design experience
· Professional Design Experience in a wide range of project types including: office, mission critical/data centers, high tech/R&D, bio-tech/pharmaceutical and industrial
· Knowledge and experience with writing sequences of operation
· Experience in writing engineering reports and assess systems and construction quality
· Construction Administration experience including site observation visits and review of RFIs, and shop drawings
· Direct experience in the preparation of mechanical contract drawings and engineering specifications
· Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as HVAC load calculations, Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.