Cloud and Container Test Engineer
CoreTechs Englewood, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The Cloud and Container Test Engineer will evaluate and test different solutions that utilize various cloud platforms, container orchestration systems and hypervisors. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop new testing methodology, perform testing, and collaborate with the development team to ensure quality of the products.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Testing, evaluation and implementation of cloud and container solutions that use various hypervisors, cloud platforms, and infrastructure as code frameworks.
- Design and perform complex testing in various areas such as container persistent storage, file/block to object storage, and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Test and measure application, network, and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution.
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification.
- Develop automated test scripts.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with container management and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher/K3s, etc.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with any one public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Hands on experience with container technologies such as Docker, LXC/LXD, containerd, etc.
- 3 years of in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code frameworks such as CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible and Vagrant
- Competent in Python programming with experience in test automation and interfacing with REST APIs
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux & Windows
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. a plus
- Experience with Software Defined Storage and/or Hyper Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise storage products from Hitachi/IBM/HPE/DellEMC/NetApp a plus
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams, and customer facing white papers
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
TechnologyView all jobs at CoreTechs