Type of Service: Finance/Accounting
Title: AP Rep 1
- Assist in review, audit, and processing of debit and credits received to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices to maximize cash discount.
- Ensure distribution of supporting backup to suppliers.
- Open, sort, date stamp incoming mail and match invoices with receivers accurately and timely.
- Review trade and expense type invoices to ensure accuracy of vendor number, invoice number, purchase order number, general ledger number, invoice amount, and authorized signature and back up support. Correct any error noted to ensure accuracy of payment.
- Data input vendor invoices, debit and credit memos manually and in upload daily.
- Edit batches for accuracy and completeness, release approve batches to post to AP.
- Research and resolve issues related to invoicing, prepayment, deductions, adjustments, cash discount, and receiving to ensure proper recognition of liability and payment.
- Prepare checks for mailing and overnight delivery.
- Coordinate the flow of deduction support into and out of the department.
- Process all incoming backup support into vendor files for later distribution to supplier.
- Create and print invoice and purchase order coversheets.
- Prepare accounts payable documents for imaging.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Basic understanding of accounting, reconciliations and accounts payable functions. Additional training in bookkeeping concepts and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail, organization
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with internal departments, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop relationships with internal departments to resolve disputes and outstanding issues quickly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- AP or degree, Microsoft Office experience
- Three- way match, reviewing payment and purchase order discrepancies, degree preferred