This person will work both onsite and remotely in our NOC. They will be responsible for installation of networking equipment, servers both physical and virtual, as well as assisting with remediation of service tickets. They will be the first point of contact when network or server troubleshooting is required. Customer service and relationship building will be paramount in this position as well as a desire to expand their knowledge of the various products and services that CoreTech offers. This person will need to be able to efficiently troubleshoot/install multiple hardware and software devices while remote in the office and onsite face to face with end users.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Escalation point for lower tiered technicians
- Provide assistance and guidance to Level I and II Technicians
- Server installation and troubleshooting
- Firewall Installation and troubleshooting
- Vmware installation and troubleshooting
- Printer installation and troubleshooting
- OS troubleshooting
- Line of Business: QuickBooks, Email, Office Suite, etc
- Password issues
- Hardware diagnostics
- Physical Cable installation, termination, and testing
- Vendor Management: Working with vendors on issues we do not have the expertise to fix. Recording the steps that were taken by the vendor and creating internal knowledge base articles so the problems can be resolved faster in the future.
- NOC Alerts: Working on alert tickets assigned the by the service coordinator.
- Work with RMM tools to perform remote services and analyze workstations
- Work inside PSA for time entry, notes, categories, and dispatching
- Maintain accurate information inside documentation software.
- Create SOP and KB articles inside of documentation software.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation.
- Actively participate in roadmap education/continuing education
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist customers at the front counter
- Assist with computers on the tech bench
- Provide pricing information to tech bench customers
- Onboard new PC’s
- Provide assistance on projects
- Failover for onsite service work
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Advanced troubleshooting - Windows XP - Windows 10
- Advanced troubleshooting - Firewalls and Manatged swithces
- Advanced troubleshooting - Mac OS
- Advanced troubleshooting - Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced troubleshooting - Server OS 2003 - 2016, Exchange, Office 365, SQL - Server (no coding or queries), Vmware, Citrix, and Active Directory
- Advanced troubleshooting - Firewall Policy, Routing, VLAN, QoS, and Wireless technology
- Minimum 4 years professional IT experience working with Windows Domain environment
- Network + or equivalent
- MCSA or equivalent
Opportunities to advance
Job Type: Full-time