Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 43,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 32 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
$15.7 billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 257 on Fortune's 500 list of America's largest companies. Our corporate culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you will enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
Core-Mark International, Inc., a leading convenience store distributor, is currently seeking qualified individuals for Sales Representative position. Ideal candidates would have experience in wholesale and/or retail convenience/grocery distribution and the ability to work well independently.
- Calls on assigned independent/chain locations, develops and implements strategies for increasing sales, market share, and profitability.
- Willingness to drive to each scheduled account, and accountable to build territory through solicitation of new accounts within geographic region.
- For existing accounts, provide sales consultation; conduct ordering activities and servicing stores as scheduled daily.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Provide excellent customer service and issue resolution to customer satisfaction.
- Accountable to meeting sales quotas and participating in strategic company initiatives
- Supports and incorporates corporate and divisional marketing programs into account penetration sales strategies.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- File call reports with Territory Manager noting issues and action items and handle tracking of action items until closure.
- Meet regularly with Territory Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities.
- Destroying spoiled merchandise and processing items for credit.
- Ensures compliance with credit and returns policies.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in training programs and sales meetings.
- Controls account receivables for assigned accounts and furnish updates to management as requested. Provide Daily Collection Reports and Daily Deposit Reports.
- Accountable for completion of assigned tasks.
- Maintaining of assigned equipment
- Obtains and reports competitive activity.
- Provides training to others, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability and willingness to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance, valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- 2 years of wholesale sales experience and/or retail convenience/grocery distribution or Bachelor’s degree.
- PC Skills