CoreCivic is currently recruiting for a Managing Director, Health Services Operations at our brand new FSC (HQ) location in Brentwood, TN at https://goo.gl/maps/DH6a52XnuEEA7enM6 .
The Managing Director, Health Service Operations effectively manages facility operations based on policies and best practices set by the Health Services Department to meet healthcare cost and quality targets. Works with health services team to develop and implement effective and efficient common standards, processes, decision support systems, reporting and benchmarks that support ongoing operational improvements of medical department operations and promote quality, cost effective health care delivery. Provides operating execution oversight and direction to a team of Regional Health Services Directors. Establishes training standards and programs to assist facility medical staff in delivering efficient care delivery to patients and providing oversight of health processes.
- Responsible for meeting annual healthcare operating targets for the Health Services Department.
- Supervises regional health directors with responsibility for healthcare oversight of corrections facilities.
- Provides day-to-day administrative oversight and management of health services.
- Mentors, guides and develops skills of management team members in a consistent and effective manner.
- Develops initiatives to achieve efficiencies in medical expenses and increases in quality scores.
- Works closely with regional health services leaders on quality and cost initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the Managing Director, Health Services Operations Support to improve quality, achieve compliance and accreditation, complete corrective action plans, implement technology, establish policies and procedures, create business continuity processes, as well as optimize medical purchasing and the value add of vendors.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with contractual, accreditation and regulatory requirements for all health services teams.
- Monitors compliance and improvement pertaining to company Quality Assurance audits, ACA and NCCHC accreditation, and audits performed by partners.
- Provides ongoing communication and quality monitoring with customer health services contracts.
- Responsible for follow up on operational audit findings ensuring continued compliance with plans of action resulting from audits.
- Manages implementation of new processes that demonstrate quantified benefits to the Health Services Department and ensures resources are appropriately allocated.
- Verifies that operational controls are in place and efficiencies are maximized.
- Updates and modifies policies, standard operating procedures and processes to improve operating performance, workflow efficiency and patient access.
- Develops facility health services department staffing plans, and assists with responses to partner requests for proposals.
- Provides oversight of Regional Health Services Directors related to budget and meeting budget targets, related to staffing, administrative and other healthcare costs.
- Develops and directs companywide Continuous Quality Improvement program for health services.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in health services operations, testing those opportunities and implementing best practices.
- Reviews patient outcomes and participates in mortality and morbidity reviews related to nursing practice issues.
- Develops, reports and creates accountability for financial, operating and clinical performance metrics.
- Effectively utilizes technology to improve productivity and operating efficiencies.
- Identifies, monitors and manages operational medical risks related to staff turnover and vacancies, patient outcomes, and audit or compliance findings.
- Domestic U.S. travel required.
CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of solutions to government partners that serve the public good through high-quality corrections and detention management, innovative and cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network of residential reentry centers to help address America's recidivism crisis. We are a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and the nation's largest owner of partnership correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities. We have been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than 30 years.
Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence (PRIDE). These words describe the essence of our values as a company. PRIDE is personified everyday by every employee at every level at CoreCivic. It shapes the choices we make and is the roadmap to how we achieve our mission and realize our vision. CoreCivic is the leader in private correctional facilities and we are growing into the leader in the rehabilitation and re-entry market with facilities nationwide. Our facilities make a difference with the giving of both time and resources to organizations that are doing important work locally. CoreCivic is always recognized as a valued partner because of our unwavering commitment to community. Learn more at http://www.corecivic.com/ .
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university
- Ten years of health care delivery experience
- Seven years of correctional healthcare management experience
- Knowledge of correctional healthcare regulations, techniques and standards.
- Knowledgeable in patient care protocols and practices, continuous quality improvement, productivity, staffing and scheduling.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, communication skills, as well as management and organization techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Valid driver's license
- Age Requirement: 18 years of age
- Master's degree in Health Administration or MBA
- Managed Care experience
- 10+ years of Healthcare / Clinical business process management experience
- 5+ years of senior level supervisory experience in a health care setting