Service Desk Technician
Core4ce.com Charleston, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Service Desk Technician (Tier III Support) is part of a 24x7x365 team that troubleshoots IT systems for end users of our government customer's virtualized hosting environment. These systems include Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScaler, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Windows, and other virtual app solutions. This is a fast paced team oriented position which provides technical support to military healthcare professionals around the world.
A key requirement of the candidate is the ability to an inch deep and a mile wide on a variety of potential user issues. Tier III Support means that troubleshooting has moved beyond more rudimentary user issues and the potential candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to find the root cause and truly understand how to resolve it.
This position is remote until COVID restrictions are lifted and then the position will be onsite in North Charleston, S.C.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and administer Citrix, VMware, and Microsoft Server solutions
- Resolve service requests using a ticket management system
- Support and maintain the customer facing virtual hosting environment
- Provide installation support to teams by assisting with upgrades and installing Service Packs/hotfixes
- Provide phone and remote support to various customers running various virtualization technologies
- Assist on internal and external projects
- Work on a rotating shift schedule to support customers around the clock.
- Minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience with IT projects that involved the installation and maintenance of Windows based systems, or an accredited BS degree in a technical field
- Exposure to the administration of Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, and/or 2019
- Exposure to Active Directory, DNS, and/or Group Policy
- Experience with networking, routers, firewalls and V-LANs
- Ability to troubleshoot with a customer via phone and other remote tools
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently and with a team
Additional qualifications that are a plus
- Experience administration of Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, and/or 2019
- Experience with administration of Active Directory, DNS, and/or Group Policy
- Experience with enterprise networking, routers, firewalls and V-LANs
- Experience working under the DHA
- Experience with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Experience with VMWare products
- A preference to work swing shift and/or night shift
- DoD 8570 compliance (typically including a current Security+ Certification or greater) obtained within 90 days of hire
- The ability to obtain an OS certification and other government required training within 180 days of hire
- Ability to travel up to 0-5% (actual need to travel is unlikely but possible)
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain an interim clearance within 90 days of hire
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Core4ce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Core4ce does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Core4ce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Core4ce complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Core4ce expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Core4ces employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to HR@Core4ce.com. (Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment)
TechnologyView all jobs at Core4ce.com