About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the plant in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state and local standards and guidelines. Assure that facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinates plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensures safety of all residents, visitors and staff.
- Ensures the interior and exterior of all buildings and grounds are maintained.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.