Summary of Position:
The Sr. Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting civil engineering projects under the guidance of Project Engineers and Project Managers. This includes: site layout, grading, utility design and profiles, erosion and sediment control, SWPPP preparation, and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Architects, MEP Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements, and site adjustments.
- Design full site plans, calculations, reports, and resolve complex design challenges with limited direction.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visits, and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining phase and task budgets and schedules.
- Assist with responses to construction RFI’s and submittals.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist Project Managers with the project design and approval process.
- Coordinate with authorities having jurisdiction through all phases of the project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain timesheets daily.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 4-8 years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail, hospitality, and/or fueling.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. in Civil Engineering a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Physical: Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus