Energy Construction Manager
- $100,000 to $150,000 Yearly
Core States Group is dedicated to creating a world where all environments improve everyday life. Through its signature integrated approach, the company’s divisions deliver architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, engineering, program management, construction, energy, signage and branded environments, and technology solutions. With 21 offices throughout the United States and Canada, Core States Group designs, builds, and manages build to suit projects and multi-site programs across North America in the corporate, education, energy, financial, fueling, hospitality, housing for aging, multi-unit, restaurants, and retail markets. Core States Group’s ability to provide seamless continuity, drive speed to market, and facilitate a remarkable client experience has been recognized on top lists throughout the industry. For more information, visit www.core-states.com.
Summary of Position:
As the Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the profitable execution of the projects under your management including safe, on-time, on budget completion, adherence to corporate and contract compliance, quality control and customer satisfaction. You will be managing projects including, but not limited to: Battery, Generator, Solar, and EV Charging. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, you will be coordinating with MEP, Structural Engineers, Site/Civil Engineers and Architects.
Who you are:
You have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills. You've demonstrated familiarity with local codes and ordinances. You align with our Core Values of: Integrity, Service, Excellence, Innovation, Inclusion.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to monitor project management compliance with reporting related to corporate policy and the contract documents.
- Accept projects from the estimating department at budget transfer. Manage the buyout process in a cost-effective and timely manner, while meeting minority participation and company requirements. Review all construction contracts. Oversee the contract change process.
- Assist other Energy team departments as needed to gather information, meet with clients, vet subcontractors and suppliers and represent CSE in the Ontario market.
- Take responsibility for assignment of project teams to projects, matching their skill and experience levels, to insure profitable performance consistent with company objectives and policies.
- Ensure the margin analyses are accurate and timely. Dig deep to mitigate potential losses and to enhance profitability.
- Review the schedule and weekly narrative to ensure the project is tracking for on time completion and that the documentation is in accordance with S&P Policy.
- Visit each project site on a scheduled and regular basis to remain updated on construction activities. Maintain periodic contact with the “Principle in Charge” for the architect, program manager and the owner.
- Review the safety training program and the safety procedures for the projects under your management on a regular basis to ensure that an effective program is being conducted. Review and mitigate safety trends. Conduct thorough “root cause” investigations on any accidents.
- Elevate and coordinate all legal matters involving construction to the appropriate Director.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the projects under your control, the development of your personnel, safety, and quality.
- 10+ years of experience in Construction Management with previous experience in distributed energy projects required.
- Previous general contractor experience is preferred.
- PMP or other project management certifications is a plus.
- Must have experience with MS Project and Excel
You will work with a team of engineers, project managers and other construction professionals and report to the Director of Construction Management.
This is a hybrid role that will sit out of our Ontario, CA office. The expectation is that you'll be in 1 day a week and travel around 10% of the time.
Note: Please do not be concerned if you do not meet every requirement. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Core States we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Core States GroupOntario, CA
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.