Rides in truck to deliver such items as groceries, cigarettes/tobacco, dairy and other non-durable goods to customers throughout Washington and surrounding areas.
- Assists Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Unloads truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Records deliveries information on daily delivery invoice/load list.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise when approved by Customer Service.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup and delivery
- Uses on-board computer system and/or logbook to comply with DOT hours requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and finger to handle objects, tools, or controls; the employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be willing and able to lift up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- DOT physical requirements must be met.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally exposed to wet a/o humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.