Core Group Resources (www.coregroupresources.com) is the Americas leading maritime & offshore recruitment company. Founded by a licensed mariner who has offshore experience, Core Group Resources expertise is unmatched in the marine offshore market for executive search, staffing, and expertise identification. For more information contact us 281 347 4700. We are currently in the market for the following:
Job TitleMaritime Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant works on the group’s general accounting functions including but not limited to; preparation for payroll, cost coding, month and quarter-end close, preparation and analysis of financial reports, journal entries, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliation, inventory, and intercompany transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent education.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Team player and group contributor who interacts well with functional group and internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software (Sage Intacct preferred).
- Strong aptitude for data management and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel experience required).
- Ability to operate a 10 key by touch and perform arithmetic computations accurately.
- Maritime industry experience preferred.
- Experience dealing with inter-company transactions required.
- Foreign currency transaction experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for complete accounting cycle, including opening, posting entries to general ledger and month-end closing for all companies under their purview.
- Reconciles inter-company balances, credit card, and bank accounts to the general ledger.
- Performs data entry and cost coding for various companies, departments, and projects.
- Prepares general ledger entries (transactional and journal entries) with a strong attention to detail in maintaining records and files and assists with monthly and year-end closing processes.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in transactional entries; reviews and documents monthly financial reports of cost centers as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Prepares reconciliation and other schedules for the month end and year-end process in support of the financial statements.
- Strong overall emphasis on continuous improvement in striving to make tasks better and performs research and documentation of accounting processes.
- Assists with the internal and external audit schedules.
- Analyzes financial statements and investigates and reports on unusual items.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant adverse internal or external effect; therefore, confidentiality and trustworthiness is paramount.
- Supports treasury, tax, accounts receivable, accounts payable functions as necessary
- Assist in ad-hoc reporting as requested by management.
- Ensure the group’s income and expenses are properly recorded in accordance with U.S GAAP and company’s accounting policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact Darriona Bible for more information!
Core Group is actively assisting companies hiring top-notch marine engineers, operations, and commercial candidates with our expertise in these industries. Candidates seeking navigation into these industries, let us chart your career here. We have mapped out all verticals in this space and know where professionals are best poised for rapid career growth.
With strong projected growth in these sectors, now is the time to partner with the leading Houston-based recruitment firm of Core Group Resources.
Direct Hire, Executive Search, Contract Recruitment, and Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Contact us today to learn more about how we can partner with you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.