Senior Business Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will serve as liaison between end-users and product consultants. You will work with the client to understand the structure, policies, and operation of business. The Business Analyst/Architect will conduct needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to assist in aligning business initiatives with technology solutions.
In this role, you will work closely with end-users to analyze, define, model, and document project requirements to be communicated to product consultant.
- Develop well-formed functional and non-functional requirements using modern or traditional techniques from which the application development team members can develop new software solutions or modify existing application software solutions
- Have familiarity and usage of varying techniques related to diagramming, modeling, prototyping, and backlog management
- Work with business users to solve business issues and identify opportunities for improved business solutions
- Provide and/or lead input to estimates
- Provide role leadership, in the form of coaching/mentoring of associates and standards enforcement for project team members and practice associates
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships
- Persuade others to reverse negative attitudes/behaviors. Maximize strengths/minimize limitations. Consolidate varied viewpoints/positions
- Function in a scrum master/project manager/quality assurance capacity as a secondary marketable skill
- Train and mentor mainstream IT concepts, technologies, and methods/frameworks
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in interrelated discipline plus 5 or more years of business analysis experience
- Experience creating, utilizing and maintaining traditional and/or modern techniques, templates and written communications used by both the business and IT
- Solid understanding of various methodologies & frameworks (PMBOK, Agile, Traditional, SCRUM). Experience with Agile projects is a must
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead a team of analysts in larger scale project initiatives by developing standards, setting analytics metrics and facilitation of requirements sessions and delivery to team and client
- Effective oral and written communication and organization skills. Ability to balance one or multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end users, clients, and project team members
- Ability to be flexible on type of assignment (industry, framework, team size, scope, length of assignment, and location)
- Ability to flex the business analysis role based on project budget and client needs
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team of professionals
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
- Be comfortable giving open feedback and having difficult conversations with team members or clients
- Be comfortable receiving feedback and incorporating it into execution of responsibilities
- Understand the variety of services and solutions offered by Core BTS. Work with business users to solve business issues and identify opportunities for improved business solutions
Bonus if you have...
- Worked for a consulting company
- Certifications in CCBA, CBAP, PSM, CSM, CUA, and prior consulting experience a plus
- Experience with formal software quality assurances tools and processes such as writing and executing test plans is a plus
- Exposure, understanding, and utilization of design thinking principles is a plus
- The ability to challenge the status quo and are comfortable with ambiguity
You'll love working at Core BTS not just for the usual benefits, but for our environment and culture!
- You'll work with a great group of people in a highly collaborative team and results oriented atmosphere
- You'll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and extremely positive environment where there is always the opportunity to challenge your skills and really move the needle
- You’ll work with large, sophisticated, and progressive clients throughout North America
We provide a comprehensive benefits program including: Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health/Dependent Care Flexible Spending, 401(k) Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Generous Vacation and Flex Time Off Programs, Company Paid Holidays, and Training and Development Opportunities.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, or experience required of individuals in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Core BTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Core BTS will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?