CordeValle San Martin, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales Manager, is responsible for corporate & social group sales in defined markets. In this role you will proactively solicit, negotiating, contracting group business and handle all revenue-related opportunities in the sales-events segment. Actively upsell each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Ensure business is turned over properly and in timely fashion for proper service delivery. Ensure compliance with CordeValle Operating Standards. Must have a proven record of accomplishment in hotel sales within the luxury market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds the departments top line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Manager.
- To understand the nature of the competitive market, to research and compile intelligence on selected markets and accounts so as to understand the buying behavior of customers and the criteria for hotel selection.
- To be extremely well versed on the facilities and benefits of CordeValle as they apply to individual market segments.
- To be fully conversant with all business units within the hotel, and be comfortable in presenting the core unique selling propositions for each unit.
- To plan sales call activity to optimize revenue conversion based on key selling priorities determined and agreed with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- To act as a positive role model and ambassador of CordeValle in keeping with company standards and expectations.
- To capture timely and relevant customer data in appropriate Sales databases. To share important account updates with members of the hotel team including other departments so that key personnel have important feedback on the current status of accounts.
- Responds to incoming inquiries within their market segment.
- Closes the best opportunity for the hotel based on market conditions, history and hotel needs.
- Creates hotel proposals and contracts as required.
- Conduct personalized and memorable customer site experiences.
- Lead and Direct the (BEO) the Banquet Event Meetings and Food and Beverage Meetings.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- All other duties as required.
- A high level of Computer literacy with a strong knowledge of Delphi, Opera, Excel & Word
- Ability to multi-task in both technical and creative arenas
- Good team player with strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Enthusiastic, sales focused, pro-active, innovative & a stickler for accuracy
- Customer & service standards orientated
- Remains calm & positive at all times & especially during busy periods
- Takes initiative
- Experience/Education: 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; or equivalent experience in luxury hotel sales positon, or related professional area.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision or independently; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding. Ability to walk, stand, drive, fly for up to 8 hours to meet clients and develop sales territories.
- Rate: Based on Experience
- Bonus: Yes
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Martin, CA
BusinessView all jobs at CordeValle