- Posted: over a month ago
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
REPORTS TO: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
FLSA STATUS: Full-time/ Non-Exempt
REVISED: January 2022
MISSION: To educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ.
SUMMARY: Admissions Counselors serve Corban University in the area of recruitment. They work with prospective students and their families from the point of inquiry and continue to assist them with the admissions process.
- Work with transfer students, readmit students, international students, and Ag Science students.
- Represent Corban University in assigned student groups at high schools, college fairs and churches, conferences and other outreach events.
- Effectively communicate the vision and mission of Corban University to prospective students, high school counselors, alumni, youth pastors, parents and other relevant persons of influence.
- Work with the financial aid office to provide prospective students with accurate information and counseling about all aspects of the financial aid process.
- Follow up with prospect files through letters, phone calls, emails, texts, visits and other appropriate correspondence.
- Work with the admissions team in the planning and implementation of on-campus and off-campus admission programs.
- Evaluate applicant files for the recommendation of the admissions decision.
- Other duties that is relevant to the overall recruitment effort of Corban University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent individual, group and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a goal-oriented environment
- Open to travel for extended periods
- Ability and desire to build positive relationships with prospective student population
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism
- A commitment to the educational mission of Corban University
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate of Corban University/Corban College/Western Baptist preferred
- Should be familiar with Christian higher education and have an understanding of the atmosphere and culture
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described in the institution’s Statement of Faith
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects culturally.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Traditional office environment. Travel and weekend/evening work related to admissions recruiting calendar required. Extended travel of up to eight weeks during heavy recruitment seasons. Long-distance driving may be required as related to travel. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds to transport and set up displays.
Corban University is a private comprehensive university of liberal arts, ministry, and professional studies with a mission to educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. All employees are expected to model servant leadership in all aspects of their work. Corban values and recruits for a workforce that is diverse in gender, age, ethnicity, race, and/or ability, and seeks employees who will interact with the Corban community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and consistent with the school’s history, mission, and core values, Corban exercises religious preference throughout the University. Employees must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with the University Statement of Faith, evidence a mature Christian faith, and be an active member of a Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching local church.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?