This position is located in Flower Mound, Texas and is Full-Time. It includes Advanced Algebra and the co-teaching of Calculus. Included as well is math tutoring each day and a Friday Math elective.
Full-Time benefits include:
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurance
- 3% match on 403b Retirement plan
- Tuition discount of $12,000 and up to $15,480.00
- Generous vacation schedule and personal days off
- Masters Degree Reimbursement program
Essential Job Functions:
The Math teacher’s goal is to help their pupils develop critical-thinking abilities by gaining an understanding of mathematical concepts.
Typical duties include:
- Instruct students using creative classical methods that brings math to life.
- Create a classical and Christian atmosphere in the classroom that inspires.
- Create an active learning and participation environment rather than lecture and response learning.
- Guide students through a process of discovery.
- Teach from the known to the unknown.
- Create positive and loving educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and district-wide student performance goals.
- Create lesson plans based around classical pedagogy.
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Observe, evaluate and asses student performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Spend time preparing for delivery of lesson to students.
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials and homework assignments.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents, as they are co-teachers with you during the two days a week their students are at home.
- Attend all campus wide training and faculty meetings.
- Mathematically inclined
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Compensation is based on education and experience