Barista (Free Meals + Tips)
Coral Tree Café Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Coral Tree Café was founded by Brentwood residents who wanted a dining experience different than what their neighborhood already had to offer. Answering an increasing demand for healthy dining in a casual atmosphere, the concept for Coral Tree Café was born.
When deciding on a name that best represented the restaurant and Brentwood, Coral Tree Café was chosen for its inspiration; the beautiful Coral Trees lining San Vicente Boulevard, located directly across from the restaurant. Coral Tree Café opened its doors in November of 2002 and the response from our customers has been outstanding.
At Coral Tree Café all of our coffees are certified organic, shade grown and fairly traded. Coral Tree Café coffee comes from coffee beans that have been grown under a canopy of shade trees which serves as a natural sun screen and provides a safe and natural habitat for migratory birds and other species. "Fair trade" provides an alternative trade model that keeps small farmers in business by guaranteeing them a fair price for their coffee. These are important aspects to the sustainability of coffee that is better tasting and socially responsible. This reflects Coral Tree Café's commitment to the delicate ecosystem, our customers' health and fair trade practice.
As we are committed to the best quality and eco-friendly food and service, we are even more dedicated to the support and development of our amazing team. If you are interested in growing with us and creating a positive community, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Barista who can create the best quality coffee drinks, and welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay negotiable based on your experience, along with employee discounts and a performance-based culture for promotions and compensation growth.
- Additional 70% tip pool for Front of the House team.
- Flexible shift for part time positions available; if promoted into a full time role, employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, and dental insurance, and more.
- Continued education for the best in class organic and sustainable coffee knowledge and continued barista development.
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee, and explaining new speciality items; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks and teas.
- Answering customers’ questions about menu choices. Promoting and recommending menu options to customers.
- Taking payment from customers for their food and drink orders, as needed.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeping the work environment sanitary and organized.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Evaluating and modifying processes to improve efficiency and quality of service.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs for the restaurant such as holidays and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- At least 1 years of experience as a Barista in a fast-paced, cafe or restaurant preferred.
- Previous experience with POS preferred.
- A strong belief in the art of hospitality and the desire to create meaningful guest experiences.
- Must have and maintain a valid Food Handler's certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
Coral Tree Café
AddressLos Angeles, CA
FoodView all jobs at Coral Tree Café