Job ID: 248646
Job Title: QA Analyst
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: 11 + months
Salary Range: 45.00
Positions Available: 1
Apply For This Job
Job responsibilities require that the Quality Assurance Analyst meet the critical job demands, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
• Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
• Create, document, verify and execute component-level to user acceptance test plans and test cases
• Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
• Participate in the development and reporting of test metrics; items such as test confidence and test coverage reports
• Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
• Work closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
• Provide leadership among other Quality Assurance Analyst positions; facilitating a lead role in providing direction and working directly with the Quality Assurance Manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• 5+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance and testing roles emphasizing both “White Box” and “Black Box” testing strategies
• 3+ years’ experience in database testing with the ability to read, write, and execute basic SQL queries
• 1+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
• Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in the software testing of multi-tier client/server applications
• Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology
• Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server technologies (2008 / 2010 versions)
• Innate project leadership; desires accountability and responsibilities to promote the success of our company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Strong deductive reasoning
• Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action & Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
1. Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
2. Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
3. Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
4. Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
5. Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
6. Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
7. Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
8. Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
9. Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
10. Listening. Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
11. Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
12. Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
• Position requires no significant manual labor.
• Position does require moderate standing, sitting, carrying and walking.
• Position requires infrequent lifting, repetitive bending and/or moving.
• Position requires close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Position requires talking and listening to communications with clients and employees.
Their mission was to bring together the real opportunities that employees seek with the talented workforce requirements that leading organizations desire. Through their innovative practices they soon developed their business to include other skill sets and labor categories in addition to their initial IT offering. Motivated by a strong desire to “do things the right way” the duo embraced mentoring and guidance from other industry leaders and skilled business advisers. With this support and direction, they were able to base CorTech’s corporate culture on value, honesty, and commitment to the delivery of services.